“Icky kitchen- great ocean access.”
Review of Oceania Beach Club

Oceania Beach Club
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Husband and myself stayed at this property as part of an Florida package deal. The staff at Oceania isn't very friendly- they aren't impolite but they just don't seem to want to have anything to do with you. Some are better than others. Room we were in was facing the ocean- which was great- but the balcony was dirty and right over the pool. If you are staying- ask for a room on the 3rd floor or higher- otherwise you will have pool people staring right at you from morning to night. The ocean access is great- the hotel is right on the beach and it is an extremely short walk down to the water.

The room we were in was older- floors had obviously been redone recently in tile, but corners were very dirty. Walls needed a paint job. Furniture was older but clean. Our room had two showers- one with a bath that had absolutely zero pressure, and another stand-in with great pressure. There is minimal maid service- they basically come in and empty your trash and replace some of your towels. We ended up emptying our trash ourselves anyways (after every meal) because there was a tendency for fruit flies to appear whenever we ate. Dishwasher was full of dishes when we got in that had not been emptied.

The grossiest part of the entire condo for me was the kitchen- my husband prepared most of our meals because I just didn't like to be in there. The cupboards were dirty, there was no contact paper down in most of them, dishes had been put away dirty (we washed everything before using it), under the sink was absolutely DISGUSTING, (I immediately regretted looking there when we arrived) and the floor was dirty. The appliances were nice and clean- but the rest of the kitchen was just gross.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank rbsc5687

Reviewed 18 March 2008

hello
having been coming to new smyrna beach since i was a child and rented many......places- we have stayed at the oceania several times-
we have come toaccept that all the rooms are different according to each owner- the maid are just there for a few hours. so get what you need when you can- for the rates you can not get anything that will accomodate as many travelers as the oceania. especially OCEANFRONT- for all you nit picky travelers= book at a 3-4 star resort in daytona next time and pay triple the price- you are paying for the fullsize kitchen and OCEANFRONT balcony- this is a beachy town and i love it- we will continue to go to the oceania- p.s. some of the rooms are TOO KID friendly- so travelers with kids ask at the front desk-

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank sunrise43
Reviewed 28 January 2008

My wife and I were staying at a nearby property for one week, and because our daughter and son-in-law were coming to see us we decided to extend our stay in the area. The previous property could not accommodate us, so we came to check this place out. The desk clerk showed me a beautiful unit and intimated that we would stay in that one or one exactly like it. The unit we got had the same beautiful beach front views and the set up was the same, but that that was about it. I don't even know how where to start. Everything was dirty. The floors need to be scrubbed down, the ceilings of the showers need to redone---there were big chunks peeling. The shower curtains were moldy, the fixtures are worn and disgusting, the vents were encrusted with dust and grime, the furniture was worn and stained, and the beds and blankets were old, dilapidated and uncomfortable. The kitchen was in the same category as the bathrooms and bedrooms. The floor was disgustingly dirty, the plastic cooking utensils were so worn and stained that no one in their right minds would ever use them. The dinnerware was cheap and stained. The coffee maker was all corroded and stained. The only positive thing to say about the kitchen was that their Florida style dishes were of high quality.
I felt I was over a barrel, I don't like to make scenes, and this is the only medium I feel I can vent . I wish I had done research and checked with Trip Advisor before I made this awful decision.
And this is the only time I have felt the need to write one of these, and for my own sake, I hope it's the last one.
I am writing this review sitting in the lobby of the Oceania just before I check out.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank azoreangod
Reviewed 23 April 2007

Although far from a 5 star resort, the Oceania is a clean, comfortable, and affordable place to stay. My family and I stayed here for a week and really enjoyed our stay. It's in a nice centralized location and close to everything. The beach was busy, but not crowded in front of the hotel. The staff was very nice.
We appreciated the clean kitchen and large patio over-looking the beach. Nice bargain for a family vacation.
We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank Phindjane
Reviewed 20 February 2006

Presently staying at this property, rented through local management company. All I can say is this place is old, dirty, smells and the management company is of no help at all. Dirty, dirty, dirty, smelly, smelly, smelly, rude, rude, rude, DO NOT STAY AT THIS PROPERTY IF YOU CAN AVOID IT.

• Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank richannc
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 November 2005

The Oceania has an excellent location -- near restaurants and shops, and of course, it's right on the beach.

However, the cleaning staff is absolutely horrible. Glass was broken in our room on the tile floor and so we asked for the staff to clean the floor -- not just sweep, but mop. We had our 1 year old child staying with us. They did not clean the floors at all.

They provided clean towels daily but did not wipe down counters and did not sweep floors. Maybe this is because they are going for more long-term rentals. We regularly rent a house in New Smyrna and it is not serviced by house cleaning daily but it does provide brooms, etc., so that the renters can keep it clean. This place didn't clean for you but then did not provide anything in the room for you to do it yourself.

We would not stay at the Oceania again.

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Titusville florida
Reviewed 6 November 2005

We love the Oceania Bch Club even though we are Florida residents.It's always fun to get away to the beach and the Oceania is our pick!Nice rooms and great
staff!We have stayed there many times and will return!

• Stayed: September 2005