“Love the Riverview”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Dallas, Texas
“Love the Riverview”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed at the Riverview on 2 occasions and will always stay there when visiting NSB. The staff is friendly and helpful. Coffee and cookies always available in the cozy lobby. Also a great gift shop. Restaurants, shops and beach within walking distance. Most rooms have recently been beautifully redecorated. All charming. Just a great atmosphere. The rates are a little higher than your typical hotel but this is not your typical place. The Riverview Grill next door has great food and is right on the river. Indoor and outdoor seating.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 16 years and have celebrated numerous special occasions here. It is a quaint old hotel with a lot of charm which has not been lost with the recent updating of the rooms. The beds are comfortable with super soft sheets and a continental breakfast is brought to your room at your requested time by the
ever friendly staff.
I call the pool area "my secret garden" as it is a wonderful peaceful place to swim and relax.
The spa and restaurant are adjacent to the hotel. We have spent many evenings on the restaurant deck enjoying a meal and watching the boats and dolphins come and go.
The only thing we found to be a little irritating was when the hotel was busy you could hear the banging of the doors when people were arriving and leaving. This should be an easy fix.

Room Tip: "Rooms are either riverside or pool side"
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We absolutely loved the comfortable room, very good mattress. We love the breakfast on our private porch overlooking the river. Even though it rained, we still enjoyed our visit. A great place to unwind.

Room Tip: Loved the honeymoon suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have stayed here twice both times by myself. The staff are the greatest. The rooms are spotless, and the bedding is so comfortable. The location is ideal. everything you may want to do in this town is within walking or biking distance. This is a very special treat for myself when I stay.

Room Tip: I prefer the pool side as it is quieter..
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

san jose ca
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I was pleasantly suprised..stayed one night before our condo was ready..and was so impressed..will stay here next year for entire stay..
Enjoyed having breakfast out on the balcony.watching the shrimp jump.
Adrienne at front desk was exceptionally helpful..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Home
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I went in may for two nights. Then I took my friend in June. I can't wait to take another trip. Love this hotel. The staff are beyond wonderful. The spa awesome and the restaurant perfect food and entertainment. Mickala is truly a gem!!!! Thanks so much for always taking care of us!

Room Tip: Check website and I choose your room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2013

then ask for one of their older rooms that are not refurbished yet.
I am a local in NSB and got a hotel night with a spa special. The Spa is a real treat!

If I (as management) had to make a decision for such promotional stays, I would give people the best I have available, because I want them to talk happily about their experience....

I left with a complaining back, as I woke every time I wished to turn over in the hammock like bed. There was no place, but the bed, to put the breakfast tray, not even on the mini balcony; in the shower I was treated to either scalding hot or cold water depending on the people below me opening the taps.

This is a quaint historic hotel undergoing some much needed renovation. The pool area is nearly done, so I would give them another try - and insist on a refurbished room.

Room Tip: Choose by the pool, so easy to walk out and go for a swim
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo