I booked a Deluxe room through the tripadvisor site, having seen an example of a Deluxe room on the site. The room we were in was NOTHING like the deluxe room shown on tripadvisor, old furnishings, ancient tv, only 1 chair to sit in. I thought surely they had made an error and inquired at the front desk after being able to see into other rooms while they were either open for cleaning or from outside while drapes and French doors were open. It was very disappointing to have booked ahead and not have a gorgeous room. I guess that is what they use for guests who book via tripadvisor/expedia. After my inquiry, the front desk clerk did take $16 off of my account. I would recommend that you look carefully at the hotel website and book through the hotel and get your room preference guaranteed through them, if having a gorgeous room is important to you. I would have rated the value higher if we had the type of room we expected. There should not be such a disparity between rooms of the same category. Some of the standard and economy rooms on hotel website look nicer!
On the up side, the staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful, the room we had was ok, very clean, and overlooked the pool, which was gorgeous at night. There is a shared balcony. (Watch out who you might be "sharing" it with as I was sitting out in my area one morning and an older gentleman wearing only a bathrobe came out and was smoking. I scooted back in quickly) There is a continental breakfast consisting of coffee/tea/juice selections and choices of cold cereals/pastry/muffins, which you order the evening before and it is delivered to your room at the time you specify in the morning. This is a nice touch, although we did not partake as we prefer to start the day with protein. They have coffee, apples and cookies replenished throughout the day available in the lobby. The cookies were my husband's favorite part...his commitment to healthy eating has its limits!
There is a spa next door and also a restaurant on the property that is open for lunch and dinner and overlooks the river.
All things considered, our stay was pleasant, in large part because of the staff. We would probably stay again next year, but carefully specify which room we wanted to book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Riverview Hotel. Enjoy a unique historic experience for both romantic getaways and family vacations alike. Established in 1885 the Victorian style Riverview Hotel is a picturesque icon of New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Overlooking the Indian River and lively Flagler Ave., we offer the perfect location for boutique shopping or a day at the beach and a variety of unique bars and restaurants at night. You're visit will include a complimentary expanded continental breakfast brought to your room every morning, mint-chocolates placed on your plush robes at turn down, free Wi-Fi, complimentary bike rentals and access to our tropical pool area. During your stay we invite you to visit our "World Class Spa", The Spa At Riverview, where you can relax and unwind all day. For a romantic meal overlooking the river, delicious food, beautiful sunsets and superb entertainment, there's no place in town better than The Grille At Riverview located adjacent to us.No matter when you visit there's always something fun and exciting to do. One of the trendiest little beach towns in the U.S. through its booming art and surf community, New Smyrna Beach has become a diverse vacation destination hot spot. Both Flagler Ave and Canal Street provide events almost every week for your entertainment. Whether you enjoy wiggling your toes in the sand, boating, fishing, surfing, hiking, kayaking, biking, shopping, dining or just plain relaxing, New Smyrna Beach is the place for your next get-a-way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Riverview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverview New Smyrna Beach
- Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- The Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach, Florida