The Riverview, a restored old hotel, is very reminiscent of places I have stayed in England.
With unobtrusive but attentive service the operative words here are 'restful' and 'quaint'.
The rooms, while small, are tastefully appointed and have french doors opening onto verandahs or small porches, many of which overlook the pool.
A light breakfast is available in your room each morning and coffee, tea, and water are always available. The 'lobby' is part of an interesting gift shop.
Located right on the water with dockage available, the restaurant/bar also offers outdoor dining and a bar with entertainment. This is just steps away from your room. The interesting menu offers well prepared food in a moderate price range with friendly, accomodating service.
There is also a Spa available on the grounds.
Neat place to stop on your way South or North in the State of Florida or just to get away for a couple of days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Riverview Hotel. Enjoy a unique historic experience for both romantic getaways and family vacations alike. Established in 1885 the Victorian style Riverview Hotel is a picturesque icon of New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Overlooking the Indian River and lively Flagler Ave., we offer the perfect location for boutique shopping or a day at the beach and a variety of unique bars and restaurants at night. You're visit will include a complimentary expanded continental breakfast brought to your room every morning, mint-chocolates placed on your plush robes at turn down, free Wi-Fi, complimentary bike rentals and access to our tropical pool area. During your stay we invite you to visit our "World Class Spa", The Spa At Riverview, where you can relax and unwind all day. For a romantic meal overlooking the river, delicious food, beautiful sunsets and superb entertainment, there's no place in town better than The Grille At Riverview located adjacent to us.No matter when you visit there's always something fun and exciting to do. One of the trendiest little beach towns in the U.S. through its booming art and surf community, New Smyrna Beach has become a diverse vacation destination hot spot. Both Flagler Ave and Canal Street provide events almost every week for your entertainment. Whether you enjoy wiggling your toes in the sand, boating, fishing, surfing, hiking, kayaking, biking, shopping, dining or just plain relaxing, New Smyrna Beach is the place for your next get-a-way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Riverview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverview New Smyrna Beach
- Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- The Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach, Florida