My wonderful wife discovered this place online and surprised me with a visit to this nice little town just south of Daytona. We came to escape the Kentucky Derby crowd (note our hometown). This is a bed and breakfast that really prides itself on taking care of its guests. We had every expectation met and exceeded by every single thing we encountered. The breakfast each morning was included in our room cost. Which also came with complimentary robes and complimentary local paper. They come and turn down the bed for you in the evening. Bicycles were available to take a nice little ride to the beach, even though the beach was within walking distance. Flagler Avenue is also filled with restaurants, bars and little gift shops and surf shops that were of interest. The adjoining spa and restaurant were excellent and we were very glad we decided to try both. The spa offers a reasonably priced couple's retreat with full massage and honey and milk bath. As well as a trip to their outdoor mineral bath (waterfall included!) The weather was so-so but we still managed to come home with great sunburns, I mean tans, and have booked our room for next Derby. This place is only 20 minutes from Daytona and about 45 minutes to Orlando, so for families as well as couples without children (that's us), this is a great place seemingly undiscovered by people who live outside of Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Riverview Hotel. Enjoy a unique historic experience for both romantic getaways and family vacations alike. Established in 1885 the Victorian style Riverview Hotel is a picturesque icon of New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Overlooking the Indian River and lively Flagler Ave., we offer the perfect location for boutique shopping or a day at the beach and a variety of unique bars and restaurants at night. You're visit will include a complimentary expanded continental breakfast brought to your room every morning, mint-chocolates placed on your plush robes at turn down, free Wi-Fi, complimentary bike rentals and access to our tropical pool area. During your stay we invite you to visit our "World Class Spa", The Spa At Riverview, where you can relax and unwind all day. For a romantic meal overlooking the river, delicious food, beautiful sunsets and superb entertainment, there's no place in town better than The Grille At Riverview located adjacent to us.No matter when you visit there's always something fun and exciting to do. One of the trendiest little beach towns in the U.S. through its booming art and surf community, New Smyrna Beach has become a diverse vacation destination hot spot. Both Flagler Ave and Canal Street provide events almost every week for your entertainment. Whether you enjoy wiggling your toes in the sand, boating, fishing, surfing, hiking, kayaking, biking, shopping, dining or just plain relaxing, New Smyrna Beach is the place for your next get-a-way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Riverview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverview New Smyrna Beach
- Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- The Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach, Florida