The Riverview Hotel oozes charm, comfort, and friendliness. The original building is over 100 years old, but it is well-maintained. The current owners are re-modeling the rooms and common area to give it a European flavor. Each room has a slightly different décor. The beds are comfortable and a nice breakfast is served in your room at the time you specify the night before.
The hotel has a fabulous location – right along the east side of the Indian River next to the North Coastal drawbridge. It is easy walking or biking distance to the beach, restaurants, art and gift shops, boutiques, live music, coffee shops, bars, and more along Flagler Avenue and the nearby vicinity. All rooms have a balcony. Some look over the river and some over the pool. The pool is like a resort, with comfortable lounge chairs, palm trees and music. Also on the site is the Riverview Grille and the Riverview Spa. We ate lunch at the Grille upon our arrival, which was perfect, and checked out the Spa. We couldn’t take advantage of the amenities there because they had a full schedule, but it looked wonderful. When we go again, we’ll check ahead to reserve a couples massage and soak in the mineral pool.
The staff is over-the-top friendly and helpful. We enjoyed getting to know them as much as visiting with our friends. Our group consisted of six couples and we enjoyed the free wine and cheese happy hour on Friday and Saturday night. We took over the small lobby and it was like a party. Also that weekend there was a wedding at the hotel and everything was festive!
Again, this is an old, charming bed and breakfast, not a sleek new chain hotel. You may not find the conveniences you are used to in the big city. There is free wi-fi, but no coffee makers in the room. You have to go down the hall for free coffee, tea and cookies. A nice breakfast is served in your room, but for us it was most convenient to eat out on the balcony, because there was no table in our room. The breakfast items included were not home-made, but a la carte items are available for an additional cost; we did not try them. We did not see an elevator on-site. We never heard a peep from our neighbors, but the traffic noise from the Causeway on the river side might annoy some. The Causeway draw bridge opens on demand for boaters, so the raising and lowering of the bridge happens frequently. Causeway traffic and drawbridge noise decreased significantly at night and did not bother us. New Smyrna Beach is a beach town. The ambiance is casual – no fine dining here. We were there on a great Sunday sunny beach day and the traffic was incredible! Take advantage of the free loaner bikes from the hotel to get around or even better, just walk.
If you need a place to relax and refresh after enjoying the sun and fun of New Smyrna Beach, we highly recommend you check out The Riverview Hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Riverview Hotel. Enjoy a unique historic experience for both romantic getaways and family vacations alike. Established in 1885 the Victorian style Riverview Hotel is a picturesque icon of New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Overlooking the Indian River and lively Flagler Ave., we offer the perfect location for boutique shopping or a day at the beach and a variety of unique bars and restaurants at night. You're visit will include a complimentary expanded continental breakfast brought to your room every morning, mint-chocolates placed on your plush robes at turn down, free Wi-Fi, complimentary bike rentals and access to our tropical pool area. During your stay we invite you to visit our "World Class Spa", The Spa At Riverview, where you can relax and unwind all day. For a romantic meal overlooking the river, delicious food, beautiful sunsets and superb entertainment, there's no place in town better than The Grille At Riverview located adjacent to us.No matter when you visit there's always something fun and exciting to do. One of the trendiest little beach towns in the U.S. through its booming art and surf community, New Smyrna Beach has become a diverse vacation destination hot spot. Both Flagler Ave and Canal Street provide events almost every week for your entertainment. Whether you enjoy wiggling your toes in the sand, boating, fishing, surfing, hiking, kayaking, biking, shopping, dining or just plain relaxing, New Smyrna Beach is the place for your next get-a-way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Riverview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverview New Smyrna Beach
- Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- The Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach, Florida