My husband and I found the Riverview Hotel 9 years ago and loved it so much we made it our anniversary trip every year for 3 years until I had our first child. Recently, we decided our second child was finally old enough to leave with family so, we decided to go back to our favorite hideaway. I was so nervous that it had changed, and it had... for the better. The rooms are so nice. Small but totally comfortable. The expanded breakfast is light and healthy. If you go and you want to have any services at the adjacent Spa, book early. Our only dissappointment is that we tried to book a massage 3 weeks before our trip and there were no openings. We got put on a waiting list, but because of their strict cancellation policy (the spa only not the hotel) there were no openings. The grounds, room, pool and lobby were white glove clean and the staff was very friendly. The Riverview Grill is right next door, but I would save the money and try the 10 beers on draft at the Flagler Tavern down the street. Very laid back community. One bad: Bring earplugs. Because of the river, there is a drawbridge with a bell that sometimes goes off in the middle of the night. Other than that grab your honey and relax!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Riverview Hotel. Enjoy a unique historic experience for both romantic getaways and family vacations alike. Established in 1885 the Victorian style Riverview Hotel is a picturesque icon of New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Overlooking the Indian River and lively Flagler Ave., we offer the perfect location for boutique shopping or a day at the beach and a variety of unique bars and restaurants at night. You're visit will include a complimentary expanded continental breakfast brought to your room every morning, mint-chocolates placed on your plush robes at turn down, free Wi-Fi, complimentary bike rentals and access to our tropical pool area. During your stay we invite you to visit our "World Class Spa", The Spa At Riverview, where you can relax and unwind all day. For a romantic meal overlooking the river, delicious food, beautiful sunsets and superb entertainment, there's no place in town better than The Grille At Riverview located adjacent to us.No matter when you visit there's always something fun and exciting to do. One of the trendiest little beach towns in the U.S. through its booming art and surf community, New Smyrna Beach has become a diverse vacation destination hot spot. Both Flagler Ave and Canal Street provide events almost every week for your entertainment. Whether you enjoy wiggling your toes in the sand, boating, fishing, surfing, hiking, kayaking, biking, shopping, dining or just plain relaxing, New Smyrna Beach is the place for your next get-a-way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Riverview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverview New Smyrna Beach
- Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- The Riverview Hotel New Smyrna Beach, Florida