“Bad food , no response to complaints.”
Review of Lighthouse Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lighthouse Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Port Orange, Florida
“Bad food , no response to complaints.”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We have been eating here since Sept 2011. The breakfast is usually good. we have have lunch many times. Good BLT, flounder sandwich, hamburgers etc.
My husband had previously liked the wings as recently as 3 weeks ago.
Today my husband ordered wings and I ordered advertised liver. My husband's wings were very greasy and the wing sauce was very tasteless. He asked the waitress if they had changed sauce. She went to owner and he said no. She did offer BBq sauce. My liver was a large portion but overcooked. Tasted like shoe leather. We were the only patrons in the place at the time. We won't be back, bad customer service.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank 900Roz900

Rockledge, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic lil' family place!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

What a surprise! I've read the questionable reviews here and had to see for myself... what a nice surprise! This past Sunday morning we visited, my FIRST clue was that the place was loaded up.
We walked in, open seating... no problems. We weren't even settled in yet and a delightful lady greeted us and helped us with recommendations -clue no. 2. Then a large group of classic/antique motorcycle club members -regulars came in for their usual breakfast -clue no.3.
In the blink of an eye, hot coffee...and not 3 or 4 minutes later...breakfast & more than we could handle!
Hey, the owner even came by to chat...we commented on the extra clean appearance of the staff and her restaurant & extra effort with the decorations! The food was just great, absolutely no issues with the morning staff or breakfast!
Though we live a good hour away, we WILL be popping for breakfast on our runs...just like the other REGULARS! Go see for yourself before taking the reviews below seriously.

• Visited March 2012
vermont
“LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE TO EAT”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Here is what happen. Three of us showed up for breakfast and at the door was a sign that said "seat yourself" so we sat down at a large booth that had 4 place settings. Well a women came over and asked us to move to a small booth that was set up with 2 place settings. We are 3 large people and did not fit into the small booth easy. My relatives that were with me would have ate in the restroom if you told them to. I just sat there fuming and did not even eat. The two large booths that were set-up for 4 people never did fill up.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank stehib
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Always a Treat!”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We have been eating here since moving to the area in 2008. I haven't had a bad meal yet, the food is always fresh and reasonably priced. Breakfast there is my favorite...stuffed french toast piled high with fresh fruit of every kind. Almost too pretty to eat:) The new managers are visible much of the time, making sure all is well. We subtracted one star because the decor could use an update but the place is always clean and the food brings us back.

• Visited November 2011
Edgewater, Florida
“Totally satisfied”
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Have lived in New Smyrna Beach for over twenty years and I have to admit this is one of the cleanest restaurants ever. No matter where you go there is always something not quite perfect but for the most part this place comes close. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere, great food and easily affordable prices. What more could you ask for. We have tried breakfast lunch and dinner and have always had a great meal. Come on all the haddock you can eat for $7.95. Try to top that. Just want to mention that according to the Dept. of Business and Professional Regulations who oversee restaurants, there have never been any complaints or violations for cleanliness or temperatures or food contamination, The only unfounded complaints have been fabricated by disgruntled employees who didn't want to do their jobs. Try it you'll like it.