“A Great Value in New Smyrna Beach”
Review of Lighthouse Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lighthouse Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
State College, Pennsylvania
“A Great Value in New Smyrna Beach”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Sandbar Cafe is a new restaurant located along Route 1 in New Smyrna Beach. We stopped for lunch and found an excellent value and great food. This is a family type restaurant with a simple and friendly atmosphere. Our service was great with a very friendly and efficient waitress.
The food was tasty and delicious. I like chowders and I ordered a cup of their home made Clam Chowder which was one of the best I have ever eaten with a unique chowder base and packed with tender clams. I wish that I would have ordered a bowl instead of a cup! My wife had a very large Tuna Melt and had a Tuna Croissant. Both sandwiches were large and the tuna salad was very good. The sweet potato waffle fries were the best we have ever tasted. They were crisp which is hard to do with sweet potato fries. My friend ordered one of their three egg omelets (breakfast available all day) which filled the plate because of the amount of meat and cheese stuffed in to it. The omelet prices range from $3.00 to $4.00.
Our total bill was very reasonable.
Overall this is a great value restaurant.

• Visited March 2014

“DON'T WASTE YOUR GAS”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Located on South Dixie Freeway. Don't bother going to this restaurant. I guess it wasn't that good. Because now it's CLOSED !!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank shlmstr
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
“Mixing up two different restaurants”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Apparently people are getting the Beacon Restaurant on Flagler Avenue confused with the Lighthouse Cafe on US Highway 1. They are completely different restaurants. Apparently when people see a lighthouse on the sign they just assume it is called the Lighthouse. Get your facts straight when making a comment on a restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Great Breakfast stop”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stopped in for breakfast after church and were seated promptly. My wife had the pancake, poached egg and sausage combo with grapefruit juice and I had the egg/chicken fried steak plate with hash browns, toast and coffee. The pancakes were sweet and delicious; the eggs poached perfectly and the chicken fried steak very tasty and tender. The hash browns were crispy, cooked like I like them. The waitress was attentive and refilled my coffee several times. The grapefruit juice was freshly squeezed. Great way to start the day!

The reviews mention it is on Flagler Ave. This restaurant is on 1500 S Dixie Highway (Routes 1 and 5) down near 6th or 8th Street heading towards Edgewater. It is a new building and does not look like the picture on Trip Advisor, perhaps an error? The web listed is for a café in CA!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 2RVers
Port Orange, Florida
“Bad food , no response to complaints.”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We have been eating here since Sept 2011. The breakfast is usually good. we have have lunch many times. Good BLT, flounder sandwich, hamburgers etc.
My husband had previously liked the wings as recently as 3 weeks ago.
Today my husband ordered wings and I ordered advertised liver. My husband's wings were very greasy and the wing sauce was very tasteless. He asked the waitress if they had changed sauce. She went to owner and he said no. She did offer BBq sauce. My liver was a large portion but overcooked. Tasted like shoe leather. We were the only patrons in the place at the time. We won't be back, bad customer service.

• Visited March 2012