“Totally satisfied”

Lighthouse Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Have lived in New Smyrna Beach for over twenty years and I have to admit this is one of the cleanest restaurants ever. No matter where you go there is always something not quite perfect but for the most part this place comes close. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere, great food and easily affordable prices. What more could you ask for. We have tried breakfast lunch and dinner and have always had a great meal. Come on all the haddock you can eat for $7.95. Try to top that. Just want to mention that according to the Dept. of Business and Professional Regulations who oversee restaurants, there have never been any complaints or violations for cleanliness or temperatures or food contamination, The only unfounded complaints have been fabricated by disgruntled employees who didn't want to do their jobs. Try it you'll like it.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

Went to Lighhouse cafe the other day and the breakfast was great. The restaraunt was packed which was a clear sign this place is for real. They had plenty of options for the kids too. clean restaraunt and friedly staff. good eats!

Reviewed 16 October 2010

There may be some bad restaurants in New Smyrna Beach but this is the absolute worst.
Walked out (but I did pay for the meal) after I waited 20 minutes for breakfast...no water served , no silerware...people who had come in after were waited on right away, their food came before mine.
Waitress snipped that was because "it was put on the spindle" that way in the kitchen. Huh?
When mine did finally arrive., everything was cold.
I should have known this place was bad. It's Biketoberfest here and all the other restaurants were packed. This one wasn't.
Now I know why.

2  Thank Gibb11_11
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This place has all you can eat fish. I was there in August of 2010. I had all you can eat pollock for 7 bucks. How can you beat that? Comes with cole slaw, fries, and hushpuppies. The fries and coleslaw were pretty good. The hushpuppies were good but slightly undercooked. The fish was a little greasy, but tasted excellent. I ate 6 fillets! mmmm very tasty. The service was ok, but a bit below my expectation. If you are on a budget and like to eat fish, they have all you can eat grouper and flounder for 10 bucks and all you can eat pollock for 7 bucks. Don't know how the grouper and flounder were, but the pollock was excellent. Well worth a visit. Recommended.

Reviewed 11 May 2010

Me my wife and 2 kid's went to this establishment for breakfast on Saturday 5-8-10. we walked in and wasn't sure if we were suppose to seat ourselves or wait for someone. since nobody even acknowledged we were there we just went ahead and sat down. the resataurant was not bust busy at all. there may have been 5 or 6 other tables besides us. finally after waiting for way longer than necessary a waitress came to our table dropped the menus on the table and said "what do you want to drink". she didn't say good morning,introduce herself, say hi or anything pleasant. we told her what we wanted to drink and then she walked off. we ordered our food when she came back and it didn't take very long at all to get our food (which was the only good thing). our waitress dropped the plates on the table like she was in a bad mood or something and the food was terrible and undercooked(guess thats why we got it so quick). my son and wife had pancakes and they could not even eat them because the syrup had a very strange taste. I tried the syrup and I couldn't eat it either. not sure what the deal was with the syrup but I never had syrup that taste like that(it was in small individual containers you had to peel the top off of). the whole experience here was disappointing and the waitress we had needs to learn how to treat customer's and be friendly. should have went to IHOP or Cracker Barrel.

2  Thank rindog32141