“Great italian food at a good price!”

Touch of Italy Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We ate here for an early dinner one night around 4:30. There was only one other family in the restaurant, so we weren't sure what to expect. We ordered a large sausage pizza for my husband, my 6 year old son, and myself; my 9 year old daughter ordered fettuchini alfredo. The server brought out warm, fresh bread that was delicious, and my daughter got a salad with very authentic italian dressing. Our pizza came and it was VERY good. Probably the best pizza I have had in a while. My daughter's fettuchini was a heaping plate full!! It was good also. We had plenty of left-overs which we took back to our hotel. Over all, the food was great, and the prices were not bad.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We ate at Touch Of Italy as it was across the street from where our friend was staying. We did not expect much as the décor was kind of campy and dark. There were only a couple of tables filled. A young girl asked if she could clean a booth for us. We were surprised at the availability of several wines by the bottle, several by the glass. The menu was surprisingly extensive, and offered pizzas, and typical Italian fare such as chicken parm, lasagna, pastas, and about 7 or 8 grouper dishes. I had the grouper with an artichoke sauce. Absolutely delicious! Came with enough pasta on the side for an entrée! Also choice of soup or salad and fresh-baked pizza dough knot rolls. My husband enjoyed his chicken parm and our friend enjoyed her penne alfredo. While we dined, the restaurant filled up and emptied! Our server was very good and we never felt rushed. Will definitely return here on our next visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

this is how I remember my Grandfather's Italian cooking. Superb. Friendly service. Love it try the Clams in red sauce with pasta.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had take out pizza from here. It was just OK. On the pro side, it had lots of fresh ingredients, the sauce was not too heavy, and it was not overcooked. On the negative, the crust had very little taste.
The price seemed about right for what we got. Over all it was very average.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We ate here twice - two days apart. The first time my son and I shared a Caesar's Salad and a medium pizza with sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms. The salad was fresh and flavorful. The pizza was real good and more than large enough. We had 3 slices leftover we were done. My only criticism is that it could have stayed in the oven a bit longer. The cheese was just melted, but not "cooked" or slightly singed, like true NY pizzas are supposed to be. For dessert we shared a Tiramisu, which disappeared quickly between the two of us, though it was a large piece! The waitress was nice and friendly and took good care of us. We were impressed enough to return with my wife 2 days later to try some of their other dishes. This time things were different. It started as we were ordering. We had to same waitress as before. She was nearly done taking our order when the owner roughly called her way to help him clean the booth next to us. I turned from conferring with to my wife as to what we were ordering to find the waitress gone! She was at the next booth table helping her boss and looking over at us apologetically and obviously embarrassed. She then rushed back to our table looking frazzled and said she had spilled soup into her apron pocket! Speaking of soup, our son and I ordered Minestrone, but she brought us both Italian Wedding Cake soup. When we pointed this out to her she then brought us two bowls of Minestrone (our son ate both!). Our entrees were mostly good. I had Mussels Fradiabalo over linguini. The serving was large and the mussels were fresh enough, but the sauce had a canned taste about it. It did have capers, but it was not as spicy as it should have been. My wife enjoyed her Penne Angelica with Italian Sausages. But best of all was our son's Gnocche Carbonara. It was excellent! We were so full we skipped dessert this time. Overall, it is a decent Italian restaurant. The owner and waitress just had a bad moment that we witnessed, which negatively affected our second experience there.