“Excellent Pizza”

Newberry, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The pizza at O Sole Mio is absolutely delicious. They are handmade and not skimpy on ingredients. The crust is great, and they will cook it to your specs. We like ours cooked well, and they always do it for us. Inside is very cozy and casual, and the staff is very attentive and friendly. I have also had the chicken Marsala, and it was very good. The salad was substantial and tasty, as was the garlic bread. You can also get individual slices of pizza.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank alshoney4ever

Gainesville, Florida
“I (Really Want to) Love this Place”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The staff here works hard and the pizza is pretty. Typical neighborhood Italian place complete with red plastic glasses ( not the beer cups but the ones that bounce) I'll be back but I must warn you about the chicken francese which is actually more like chicken soup, No trace of wine or lemon. Pasta swimming in a pool of chicken broth. What's with this. My wife's shrimp scampi was OK maybe a little gummy. No hunch, stick with pasta and pizza. I am determine to love this place because they work so hard. Someone needs to have a chap with the chef.

• Visited January 2014
“Good neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The first time I visited O Sole Mio was with a large group for lunch. We all ordered the salad and slice of pizza special. The salads were generous and tasty. We each chose a different slice of pizza which arrived hot and crusty. We all enjoyed our meals and left satisfied. The server was very congenial and responded quickly to keep us happy. I would like to return for dinner soon.

• Visited November 2013
“Awesome food and service!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

My mom and I just moved here and were looking for a place to eat. since we haven't been to many places and decided to come here. It was cute inside and we were seated right away and our waiter was very friendly, got our drinks quick and explained the specials and what was good on the menu. I got chicken Marsala and it was SO good, my mom got eggplant Parmesan and said it was the best she had in a while, overall great experience we will be going back. Doesn't look like it would be that cute on the outside, it's on a strip mall by publix but give it a try :)

Gainesville, Florida
“One of Our Local Favorites!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

This small restaurant with a giant menu dishes out plate after plate of Flavor Packed entrees, appetizers, salads, and of course desserts. The entrees are served steaming hot and will never leave you feeling less than satisfied. The servings are flavor-packed and never lack for taste. We have never tried their pizza...only dinner entrees. It is a small restaurant and it is best to eat early or make a booking to avoid a long wait. Waiting is no fun as there are only a few places to sit and wait. Service has been inconsistent...the waiters have been generally good but the support team have failed to serve soups and salads in a timely manner...aggravating. It can get noisy too. My advice, eat early when they are not jammed up. The food is really good. Cheers!

• Visited September 2013