“Best Italian food in Alachua county”
Review of O Sole Mio

O Sole Mio
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Newberry
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is the best Italian Restaurant anywhere in Alachua County. I go here when I want Italian food even though it takes me over 20 minutes to drive there. I have tried many different dishes here and every dish was great. If you like salads you have to try their Chianti vinegrette dressing.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were in Newberry for a horse show. We were hot, tired and hungry. My daughter looked up restaurants in the area and found O Sole Mio. The prices on the menu looked reasonable so we headed out. It was fantastic. I had the best veggie panini I have had outside of Phoenix and my daughter's dinner was excellent too. The waiters were very polite and attentive and we had an excellent evening. Everything was so great, we went back the next night for pizza. Wonderful. We will definately remember it next time we go to Newberry.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

O Sole Mio has become on of our regular spots. Authentic Italian food with a cozy friendly atmosphere, this is one of the best restaurants in the Gainesville area.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The pizza at O Sole Mio is absolutely delicious. They are handmade and not skimpy on ingredients. The crust is great, and they will cook it to your specs. We like ours cooked well, and they always do it for us. Inside is very cozy and casual, and the staff is very attentive and friendly. I have also had the chicken Marsala, and it was very good. The salad was substantial and tasty, as was the garlic bread. You can also get individual slices of pizza.

1  Thank alshoney4ever
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The staff here works hard and the pizza is pretty. Typical neighborhood Italian place complete with red plastic glasses ( not the beer cups but the ones that bounce) I'll be back but I must warn you about the chicken francese which is actually more like chicken soup, No trace of wine or lemon. Pasta swimming in a pool of chicken broth. What's with this. My wife's shrimp scampi was OK maybe a little gummy. No hunch, stick with pasta and pizza. I am determine to love this place because they work so hard. Someone needs to have a chap with the chef.