“Starbucks is employees not the coffee”
Review of Starbucks

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Starbucks
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Newberry
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Great fast service with smile make coffee taste better and my coffee is tasting lovely! Now I can hit the hwy 75 and get back on my way from Memphis to Naples Fl

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I guess "loveless" would be debateable. I ordered a coffee (dependably good) and a Classic 500 ($2.95), which is Starbucks' name for sausage and egg on an English muffin. They apparently unwrap a pre-made sandwich and put it in the microwave. So I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting, until I asked the guy (who was making the drinks) if my sandwich might be ready. He turned to the girl who had taken my order and had put the sandwich in the microwave, and she says "it's right in front of you", whereupon I look at the top of the counter and there's a little flat paper bag with my sandwich in it. Nobody had said a thing to me to let me know it was there (for how long, I don't know). I sat down at an outside table and pulled out the sandwich and the muffin was askew, and the egg was a geometrically-perfect disc of what I would call industrial egg (processed, pre-cooked, perfectly-formed to fit the muffin, rubbery texture).

I won't say that it was inedible -- it was OK. But I couldn't help contrast it with the beautiful bargain (something like $2.39) you get when you order a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit at Steak and Shake, which is made from scratch and comes out neatly put-together (with love?), or the egg and cheese biscuit at Chik-fil-A, or even the bacon or sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit at McDonalds (no love, but it comes out neatly put-together in my experience). These are all substantially cheaper than Starbucks' pre-cooked offering.

Perhaps a better choice would be a pastry. But, again, at least you can count on the consistency of the quality of the coffee.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

It's a Starbucks - they tend to have a pretty rigid style of how they do things. This one is no different - usually if you order something and you get a good Barista it's done right. If it's not, they'll fix it. Never a problem with this location.