Due to work requirements I recently had an extended stay at this hotel, about five weeks. The entire staff, from the grounds keeper and room attendants to the hotel manager, was extremely responsive to my comments and needs. The hotel was completely booked nearly every night I was there, meaning there was almost always some activity at the front desk as I came and went. It appeared that everyone was treated respectfully and promptly. A hot breakfast was available, and the staff tried to mix it up a bit so it wasn't the same thing everyday, though I generally had waffles and juice. It is within walking distance (two to ten minutes) of serveral chain and local restaurants (I recommend the Fresh Greece across the street) so I could eat quick or take a stroll to unwind after my long days. The (my) bed was a bit firm, which I like, and they have an assortment of pillows, ranging soft to firm; I was comfortrable. For some reason the downlink seemed a little slow; the internet connections were not the fastest I've had but usable, and the digital TV stalled on occasion. The common areas (pool, exercise room, and dining area) were always maintained and clean, the staff was quick to clean up after large groups. The lower cost, coupled with relative close proximity and laid back atmospere make it a good choice for beachers who may wish to unwind after a long day of battling the surf and beach traffic. All considered, this was my best choice for this stay, and after speaking with some of the folks who travelled with me and opted to stay at a beach hotel (and spent at least another hour a day in traffic during commutes to work and back) I'd make the same choice knowing better. My hat's off to the staff, thank you for the fresh warm cookies and smiles, and for making me feel at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new Comfort Suites hotel is centrally located in Niceville. Minutes from Eglin Air Force Base, General Dynamics OTS, NW Florida College (formerly OWC), Okaloosa Regional Airport and short drive to the white sand beaches of the Gulf Coast and Destin. Restaurants conveniently located to the hotel, many within walking distance. Easy access to area restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Niceville is home to the Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival, a fun annual food, music, arts and crafts festival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites At Eglin Afb Hotel Niceville
- Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base Niceville, Florida