“"H" is for hospitality”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Fort Rucker, Alabama
“"H" is for hospitality”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Due to work requirements I recently had an extended stay at this hotel, about five weeks. The entire staff, from the grounds keeper and room attendants to the hotel manager, was extremely responsive to my comments and needs. The hotel was completely booked nearly every night I was there, meaning there was almost always some activity at the front desk as I came and went. It appeared that everyone was treated respectfully and promptly. A hot breakfast was available, and the staff tried to mix it up a bit so it wasn't the same thing everyday, though I generally had waffles and juice. It is within walking distance (two to ten minutes) of serveral chain and local restaurants (I recommend the Fresh Greece across the street) so I could eat quick or take a stroll to unwind after my long days. The (my) bed was a bit firm, which I like, and they have an assortment of pillows, ranging soft to firm; I was comfortrable. For some reason the downlink seemed a little slow; the internet connections were not the fastest I've had but usable, and the digital TV stalled on occasion. The common areas (pool, exercise room, and dining area) were always maintained and clean, the staff was quick to clean up after large groups. The lower cost, coupled with relative close proximity and laid back atmospere make it a good choice for beachers who may wish to unwind after a long day of battling the surf and beach traffic. All considered, this was my best choice for this stay, and after speaking with some of the folks who travelled with me and opted to stay at a beach hotel (and spent at least another hour a day in traffic during commutes to work and back) I'd make the same choice knowing better. My hat's off to the staff, thank you for the fresh warm cookies and smiles, and for making me feel at home.

Room Tip: This was a business trip and i chose a room for comfort and sleep. I can't speak for all rooms...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We strive to be your "home away from home" and make our guests as comfortable as possible. We are happy we were able to accommodate you. I will pass along your compliments to the staff as it encourages them to know it was recognized.I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and rested so well. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to the possibility of accommodating you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Sterling Hts., MI
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My family, two daughters, son-in-law and 4 children shared two side-by-side rooms on Fri., August 8th, 2014 at the Comfort Suites at Eglin AFB. We found the accommodations very nice. The beds far exceeded the comfort of any hotel beds we have slept in. The room was spacious and very clean. The stafff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. The children enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was very good and the attendant who managed the area was extremely helpful, friendly and gracious. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Extremely clean, wonerfully comfortable beds and friendly, accommodating personnel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
On behalf of our entire team thank you for the review. Here at the Comfort Suites we are committed to our guest’s satisfaction. Reading your review is proof of that commitment. We hope to see you again in the near future. I will pass along your compliments to the staff.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was an excellent vacation from choosing Destin and Ft. Walton Beaches and the hotel was perfect, the staff amazing, great room, the breakfast was great with multiple choices. Again the staff was simply amazing. We love Comfort Suites and this one not only met all of our needs, but we can't wait to stay here again. We would like to say thanks so much for making our mini vacations the best we have had in years. Our grandson loved this hotel and he is four, he loved all the pillows and having his own bed.

Room Tip: Nice size rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words about our property and your compliments for our entire hotel staff. We make every effort to ensure all of our guests have a great stay. Its reviews like your that help the staff know when we have made a difference. We look forward to your next visit. best regards, Ann Hendrick
Florida Panhandle, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly when we stayed in March and July. This hotel is very clean, great buffet breafast, complimentary food items to eat during the day & night and Manager's Special on Tuesdays & Thursdays evening to treat the guest!! The beds ae very comfortable, spacious bathrooms & rooms!! About 10-15 minutes away from local shopping stores down the street depending on traffic. About 20-30 minutes away from the beach and malls depending on the traffic. I wish the rates could be lower. You can hear guest running and walking up the stairs and down the halways if you stay on the first floor anf on the second floor you can hear the noise from the stairs and on the third floor. But overall if you can tolerate the noise when it gets busy it is still a great motel to stay! Just wish it was a little bette insulated with sound proffing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank You!! We are so excited that you enjoyed our Suites. We take great pride in our hotel and reviews like yours make us all feel like all of our hard work has been noticed by our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon. I do apologize for the loud noise as summer time brings sports groups, family reunions and weddings which will account for the business in the stairwells and halls.
Cedar Hill, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had gone to Destin and just needed somewhere to clean up and rest before heading home. Wasn't too far from the beach (be prepared to take the toll road to get there quicker). Had requested adjoining or rooms next door, but by the time we checked in (after 10pm) they had given them away. We ended up 3 doors down and on the other side of the hall (which was fine). The room and bathroom was clean, but smallish. The sofa bed was about a foot off the ground - I couldn't sit on it for fear that I wouldn't be able to get up unassisted (I'm not old, feeble, or out of shape - it's just that low!).

Biggest problem - there is apparently a 5am cattle rustle on the third floor (we were on the second floor). There was so much noise, we thought there was a fire and everyone was leaving. Our family members (in the room 3 doors down across the hall) heard it as well.

Breakfast was okay - not a big selection... I realize it was "free", but I've had more for less at other Comfort Suites.

When we mentioned the noise at checkout, the employee seemed disinterested and unconcerned.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit. I do however apologize for the noise above your room, we did have a military group in house that left for work around that time which would explain the "cattle call" noise.
Enterprise, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hotel was clean, easy to find, had a decent enough small breakfast. Room was fine, clean bathroom, nice bed, enough pillows. I used to be a Niceville local, so I think this is a great place to stay if you are beach bound-- as long as you know it is at least 15 minutes away from nice beaches!! The rate seems too high, even the military rate, but it's a busy area I guess with the nearby bases, airport and beaches.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ann H, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for the great feedback! I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we'd love to have you back in the future! Kindest regards and hope you have a wonderful summer.
North East, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Breakfast was really good, clean and courteous staff. Hotel was well below perdiem. Even though it was very busy, hotel was still very well maintained. close to downtown, and was quite easy to get everywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#21 of 39 in Destin
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard

Been to Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!