“Home away from Home”

Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Perhaps 2-3 times a year I visit Eglin Air Force Base in Fort Walton Beach Florida. It's funny, but the highlight of the trip is my stay at the Hampton Inn at Niceville. I stay at 20-25 Hampton Inns throughtout the southeast US each year. There are many that are bigger, many that are newer, but none that are nicer than this facility. I can't believe that after 6 months between visits, I was greeted by personnel by my first name. Not after I checked in, before I checked in. It's a bit humbling, and quite refreshing.
Jan Seigler

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room which looks over the inlet.
1  Thank janseigler

Reviewed 16 January 2012

This was our first visit and we were very impressed with the friendly and efficient service. We were most cordially greeted by the evening desk attendant, met the manager and the night auditor who were equally friendly and were assisted by the breakfast preparation lady. If we are in the area again, we will stay with these folks.

Room Tip: Location is quiet. If traveling at a more comfortable temperature season, the second level overlook...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

They were very friendly and gave great service. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Currently the facility is undergoing some upgrades, but they went out of their way to make sure the stay was pleasant. They opened up two rooms to be able to serve breakfast. I will be staying here again based on the service they providefd.

Room Tip: The rooms on the bay side have a great view.
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I have visited this hotel on business 3-5 times a year for the past 4 years and have never been disappointed. Good free breakfast, comfortable beds, and very friendly staff. Michelle always greets me by name even when it has been months since my last visit. Pam is very friendly and helpful as well. The rest of the staff is friendly and attentive, too. When I return in a few months, this Hampton Inn will be my home away from home again.

Room Tip: Bay View if possible.
Reviewed 14 January 2012

The staff was very professional and helpful each and every time. The one member of this superb hotel staff that I would like to give recognition is Michele, the general manager. She went over and above to ensure that my stay was to my satisfaction. Michele is the epitome of customer service in every sense of the meaning. The hotel appearance and comfort not only met, but exceeded my expectations. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I don't make it to the area very often, but will give first consideration to the Hampton upon my return.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

As usual, an excellent stay near Eglin. While I stay at the facility 1-2 times a year, the pleasureable aspects are somethings you do not anticipate. The front desk staff are extremely personable and helpful. At first I was taken back by the current renovation and upon reflection you have to ask why, this is a relatively new hotel. They obviously are not banking on their name and facility but are going the extra mile to be the best they can be. I look forward to returning to this hotel in the future to see what they have done.

Dennis

Room Tip: Quiet location already near the water. Attractions are within an easy drive alway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
#6 of 6 in Niceville
Home2 Suites by Hilton Destin
10 mi away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!