“Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I was greeted every morning by name and made to feel very welcome. This staff was very friendly and made me feel at home while staying here for the 2 days i was there (Oct 8-10, 2012)This hotel is very close to Eglin AB.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base

Reviewed 24 September 2012

The staff was great - friendly, polite, professional, all that you would expect from a well run hotel. The breakfast was adequate with both hot and cold foods available. The amenities were as advertised (TV, Fridge, Microwave, WiFi, etc.). The room was clean and I appreciated the clean duvets and blankets.

The only negative was the parking and access leaving the hotel. If you have a larger vehicle (full size truck, RV, work truck) you may have problems as the drive does not circle the hotel. The were a few mornings where I saw that people had parked their cars on the side of the road going to the hotel - not a big problem as the hotel is at the end of the road and there are no other business along the road. When leaving the hotel in the morning to travel back to Niceville proper usually required making a right hand turn and then making a U turn or finding a light controlled intersection due to traffic volume.

With respect to location, hotel was well placed for our needs as we needed to travel to Eglin AFB; Wright, FL; Defuniack Springs, FL; and Fort Walton Beach, FL

Room Tip: Room 203 was a room w/o a view
1  Thank OleMissTravler
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel from Sunday, September 9 to Friday, September 21 for training on Elgin AFB. My stay was extremely pleasant. The hotel is centrally located. It's very easy to get to Elgin AFB and Destin. Many restaurants are minutes away.

As with any Hampton, breakfast was served. I thought the breakfast was pretty good. Choices such as cereal, waffle and pastries are some of the items available for breakfast. The best part about the hotel is its location. My class started at 8am on Elgin and I left the hotel every morning at 7:30am, arriving 10 or 15 minutes early (depending on traffic).

I visited Destin many times after work during my visit and arrived back to the hotel about 8:30pm or 9pm. I always felt safe going and coming from the hotel. Also Destin is only 10/15 minutes if you use the toll. The toll cost $3 each way.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in or near the area. The staff is great and very friendly. The location is perfect. My room was clean very well. My bed was very comfortable. I slept well every night.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We were greeted very courteously by the hostess at the front desk. I have a broken ankle at the moment and everyone including the hostess Tanya, asked if I needed any assistance with my luggage, the breakfast hostesses assisted me/us breakfast trays. The housekeeping staff asked if there was anything we needed such as assistance or if we needed them to get us anything. We were given cold water bottles at breakfast and as we left hotel each day. Offered food during their housekeeper appreciation lucnheon and had management reception in the evening one night. Next time we are in the area we plan to stay there again.

Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one night due to an early flight the following day. The bed was great, they clean duvets and blankets which is a plus. The first floor room I stayed in was dark due to a very high privacy fence outside the window. The room had a 32 inch flat screen television and free wifi. The cookies were great. The rooms were in need of an update especially at the price paid for a mid-line hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I would rate this property higher except the wifi in the room was inconsistent and non existent at times. No matter where I stood except next to the door I could only obtain two bars on my iPad. This is not acceptable for any property. I brought it to the managers attention however she was surprised. The manager was attentive and did move me from the first room I was in but it ended up being not much better. If the wifi actually worked I would have given the hotel a strong 4 stars.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
mlhartley, General Manager at Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at our hotel; your comments are appreciated. I apologize that the internet access was of concern. We have contacted our internet provider to troubleshoot any problems, in order to offer better service in the future. If you plan to travel to the area again in the future, please consider staying with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here August 2012 while visiting new grandbaby. Daughter and son-in-law stationed at Eglin AFB. I found the staff incredibly pleasant and helpful. We stay in a variety of Hilton properties - from in-city Hiltons to various Hampton Inns and everything in between. It is not the largest Hampton Inn by any means; but certainly fine for the wonderful little town of Niceville. It has a very nice staff who always made us feel welcome. All common areas were kept clean and organized. I would stay here again; and highly recommend. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get to beach/shopping areas of Destin; so it is also a good value if you do not "have" to stay on the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view to overlook the bayou across the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
Regency Inn Niceville
Regency Inn Niceville
#4 of 6 in Niceville
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin

Been to Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!