“AS GOOD AS IT GETS”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Horseshoe Bay, United States
“AS GOOD AS IT GETS”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hampton Inn-Niceville is the best motel I've stayed at in a long,long time. Tops in all respects. Each & every employee, front desk, breakfast room attendent,the maintainence gal & the manager were friendly,professional and eager to please. The motel's location is convenient and quiet, the landscaping attractive and litter-free. The breakfast room was well attended. The food selection way above average. Best of all the rooms sparkled, the linens clean and white and the mattress super comfy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Lakeland, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great folks at Hampton Inn in Niceville Fl. Great place to stay. The people were friendly and genuinely concerned about providing great service to their customer. I would stay there again if I'm ever in that area. They are conveniently located, and the prices were in line with their market area. I would strongly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Missouri
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The best thing I can say about this hotel was that the front desk manager was beyond nice and professional. The worst thing I can say about this hotel is some of the front desk staff are beyond rude and unprofessional. Upon arrival, at 245pm, they did not have a room ready for us. Granted, check-in time is 3pm but when I asked how long we would have to wait I was told buy the front desk clerk that she wasn't sure, she couldn't even tell me that it would be at 3pm! That was a bit frustrating after traveling so far and long to be denied check-in right off the bat. We were finally checked in at 3pm. The room was acceptable. We payed extra for a bay view but it wasn't worth it, we could really only see a bit of the bay. We did have a nice view of the American Flag though, I liked that. We stayed for three days/nights and intended on being gone all day, each day. Little did we know that after being at the beach and on the water for the entire day we would return to the hotel to find absolutely NO parking available anywhere. When we went in to ask about it I was told that we had to park down the entry road. It was really dark, and there were weeds on the side of the road where we were suppose to park (undeveloped property/road). Then we would have to walk down the road and back to the hotel with our things in tow. The gentleman working the front desk was less than apologetic about it. He was very matter of fact and acted like I was ridiculous to expect to actually have a parking spot at the hotel I was paying a pretty penny to stay at. He said this always happens when they are busy and it is to be expected. I asked him where he parked and he told me in a parking spot because he got there before I did! What the heck? Every customer service based business I know has their employees park further away so their guests and customers can have better parking. If the hotel knows they will be full, have the employees park down the road those days! Problem solved, and if it is not solved, at least the employees can say they park down there too! I was not happy. The front desk manager, Tonya Collins, did catch my husband the next morning on his way out and apologized very sincerely. Then, she left us a card at check out. I appreciated this personal touch and her sincerity and it is the only reason I am not leaving a one star review for this property. The room and breakfast are on par with other hotels in this price range, adequate and satisfactory. It really is the customer service that can make or break an experience though. So, if you are booking here, be aware of the parking situation and the chance of rude front desk employees. Other than that, we didn't have an issue.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When I travel, I prefer to stay at a Hampton Inn. I find them to be the most convenient, cleanest, friendliest and best value. The Hampton in Niceville is no exception. The staff is very courteous and accommodating and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great and the coffee was always fresh, even at 11:30PM when needing an extra cup for the late night email catch-up. The entire staff, from management to housekeeping, exceeded my expectations. I love the notes from the housekeeping staff, makes you feel like more than just another traveler. I would recommend this Hampton to anyone going to Niceville.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
mlhartley, Manager at Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thanks Mr. B for staff praise and noticing the clean and comfortable condition you enjoyed while in town. It means the world to us you had everything you need when you needed it. I will share your response with our staff. We are looking forward to your next visit. Cheers!!!
Niceville, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Niceville has the nicest staff and cleanest hotel I have ever been in. I would drive 20 hours to stay another night there....and if my son was still at Eglin AFB, I would go down and stay longer but only at the Niceville location!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We came to Hampton Inn from a different hotel in town because the other hotel was dirty and had bugs! So glad we did!! We were missing out this place is awesome!!!!! We have stayed at 2 other hotels in Niceville on yearly visits and this has been the best experience!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Agana, Guam
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Clean, convenient, and the friendliest staff you want to meet. Only downer was view of trash cans right outside the window and the ice machine not far from the room. Location is pretty central and it is easy to spot, and it was just a great place to rest and relax for a few days,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!