“Very nice hotel, clean, comfortable and friendly staff”

Quality Inn At Eglin AFB
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I recommend this hotel as a clean, comfortable, safe, basic hotel. Very close to the Northwest Regional Airport VPS. Very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Babyqueru

Reviewed 8 April 2011

This hotel was a wonderful stay. From the time I signed in to the time I left the staff made me feel very welcome and they were friendly and professional. The hotel is in a nice quiet area the pool is great!! The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable! I will definately stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank dmerry00
Reviewed 4 July 2009

My urge for white crystal sand running through my toes finally got to me. Even though I know my wife and I had waited until the last minute, I was determined to get to my favorite beach in Destin, FL. One July 2nd, I began hunting hotel availability. Absolutely all of my favorite spots in Destin were full and running at minimum of $160 per night for 7/3 and 7/4. So I expanded to Niceville across the bay. Same full status for all hotels there per the internet. Started calling and found one LAST room (smoking) at the Quality Inn - Niceville on highway 85 North. With no previous review on Tripadvisor, I had to think about making this jump. Took a chance based on my previous stay at the Holiday Inn Express-Niceville which was very good and was just down the street from the Quality Inn.

Drove the 6 hours and found the following:
Location - 16 miles from the beaches of Destin, FL via the mid-bay bridge ($2.50 each way). The area was primarily strip shopping centers, residential - middle to lower middle income impression, safe enough with you still taking some basic precautions as to who was about. Taking highway 85 South from I-10 is a quick way to get here.

Hotel - Although this hotel is not as nice as the others that I've stayed in here, it is in no way a bad hotel. I would say that 'very good basic' is a good description. The rooms face to the outside of the building, use key cards for entry and are in three different building. Parking lot lighting could be better, but it will do fine.

Rooms - Again the words 'very good basic' come to mind. The rooms are a decent size (I got lucky with a non-smoking rooms after all at check-in) with basic furnishing. They do include a microwave and a refrigerator though. I'll supply photos of the rooms and exterior when my trip is completed.

Rates - As a AARP member I got a very good rate of less than $100 per night, which is half of what some of the other hotels were charging for the 4th of July weekend.

Staff - The staff was friendly and was very pleased to get me into a non-smoking room when they had a cancellation.

Other amenities - I'm sitting in the lobby and it appears that they will have a hot breakfast available in the morning, including waffles, etc. The do NOT have wireless in the rooms, but they do have ethernet (so bring your cable). In the lobby though, you can use wireless as I am doing now.

Restaurants - There are not a lot of good restaurants nearby. Go to Destin for that type of thing they have ones that you are familiar with and one that you may not have heard of. Louisiana Lagniappe, my god the food there has always been great, but a little bit pricey.

Shopping - Again not much in the area, but Destin has a huge outlet center with great stores and many great bargains.

My overall impression for a budget hotel would be 7 with a scale of 1 to 10.

The only negative is having to drive over to Destin and across a bridge which can sometimes get crowded. But hey, that is my fault for not looking for hotels earlier.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lifetraveler1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
17 mi away
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Regency Inn Niceville
Regency Inn Niceville
#4 of 6 in Niceville
Wingate by Wyndham Destin

Been to Quality Inn At Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!