“Wish my stay was longer”

Quality Inn At Eglin AFB
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Tallahassee, Florida
“Wish my stay was longer”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had a wedding to go to in the near by beach. This hotel was close and not too costly. The room was clean except for the sand we brought in, mats would be a nice touch. Pillows where half size, I'm not a fan, but not to soft as to disappear they were just right. I slept well and didn't want to leave. The breakfast was good. They had Waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, muffins, and cereal. Apple and orange juice, and coffee too. I pre-paid so my check in and out took less then a min. I would use this hotel again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Bring sandals to walk around the room, its sandy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
niceville
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Not many hotels to choose from in Niceville. I will go back to the quality inn. decent hotel. checkin was nice and fast. room was clean. Loved the laminate floors. Missed the breakfast.
bed was comfy and water in shower was hot!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I'll start with what was OK. The breakfast was very good with nice breakfast staff. The bed was comfortable. Nice big TV.

Now the bad:
While checking in new clerk was waiting on us and she needed help from "the experienced clerk." This person was very loud and unprofessional. She said we had a smoking room and I said no, here is my sheet from the site we used that specifically said No Smoking and two beds. She said can you take 1 bed, I said no. She went on to say the site we used always put people in smoking rooms and that they are so busy, booked, she'd try to find us something. Oh, I guess she found an appropriate room and told us 3 times "Oh, you are so lucky, you are so lucky, you are so lucky." (in a horrid, loud voice) I guess we were lucky to get what we booked. She told us our site always puts people in smoking rooms and that we should complain. I told her, she should complain that it wasn't my problem. She then asked us what color our car was. We say beige and she asked us what color beige is. I am serious. She admitted that she knew red, blue, green, but had no idea was color beige was. Well luckily (I guess) we got a room.

Walked into the room and was almost knocked over by the smell of stale cigarettes or something. We had to prop the door open. The smell never did leave. I think I just got used to it, but upon entering the room each time it was right there in my face.

Towel rack was falling out of the wall (see picture). One of the hand towels had little black short hairs on it (like someone had shaved) - (again see picture). The rack that holds suitcases up high was also loose and coming out of the wall (see photo). I hope no one puts anything heavy up high or it will fall on someone's head. The water drained so slow the sink would fill up. And.......upon taking a shower I tried several times to close the shower curtain. It was impossible because it was one of those sort of rounded shower curtains and it was not attached to the wall properly, so the shower curtain fell down to the middle of the rod -- that was so odd. Ice machine in our area did not work, so had to walk to other building to get ice.

And I had a man (he and his wife could own the place and clean rooms) walk into our room as we were taking stuff to our car. We had the door unlocked, open a tiny bit and my husband was making a trip to load the car and he just walked in, looked at me and looked around like he was confused. This was at 9:09 a.m. when checkout was at 11:00 a.m. No knock, no statement of "housekeeping" -- just walked in. I was totally shocked and glad I had clothes on. How rude. No sorry, excuse me, nothing, just the odd look.

It was just unreal. We stayed there because of the price, but on hindsight I think I'd go someplace.else. It was almost comical the myriad of things that were wrong. You'd think that all these totally obvious problems would be reported and fixed. Most of these things are easily fixed. I just don't think they care at all and are letting this place go right into the ground.

Room Tip: Avoid 143 for sure. Wonder what the others are like.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gena C

Travellers are raving about these Niceville hotels

Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My experience was so disappointing. I was so confident that my experience would be great. This place was dirty. I had to move from the original room to another, then another. The tubs were nasty in all three rooms. The rooms smelled terrible of mold. The windows had mold and so did the PTAC units. The linoleum floors were filthy, as evidenced by my children's socks and my towel. They did not clean my room nor empty my trash. The plumbing was bad, the tubs clogged, which left us to shower in our own dirt. I was handed a plunger and told to plunge my room tub. The next day maintenance plunged it and left the remnants in the tub, which housekeeping never cleaned after being asked. My concerns were debated and negated. I could go on....this experience was awful. So disappointing.....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Kae83180
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This motel was clean and comfortable, and priced right. We were there for a meeting, and did not spend much time in the motel, but it served our purposes well. The next time we are in the area we will probably stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I've stayed at this location multiple times per year for more than 15 years (it used to be a Comfort Inn). In late 2013 they renovated the rooms, putting in new flooring and countertops. The detail work left something to be desired (some trim missing, two different shades of paint on same wall) but other than that no complaints. On this last visit, as usual, the rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a great complimentary breakfast (biscuits with sausage gravy, eggs, cereal, muffins, yogurt, etc.) with a cheerful attendant who quickly replenishes items. It is very convenient to Eglin Air Force Base, and close to the airport (although no shuttle and taxi price is high). There is a nice outside pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have trouble with stairs, make sure to ask for a room on the first f...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tallahassee
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel. The rooms have been renovated since my last stay in 2013. The laminate flooring, new furniture, paint and   flat screen TV really updated the room , bringing it into the 21st century. The remodel made a difference as I walked into the comfortable room with its softer, welcoming earth toned color scheme. The updated bathroom facilities e.g. motion sensor light and new tub inserts were convenient and clean.

The high school group of ITS District, young performers for which I was a chaperone, took full advantage of the basic, but we'll stocked breakfast in the dining area. It included hot and cold items like eggs sausage patties, various choice of muffin, bread, and bagels as well as a couple of juices and of course those wonderful self serve waffles.

This high school group has been coming to this Quality Inn for the past 12 years. Each student I asked about their comfort level reported comfortable beds and decent food.

Tei (sp?) once again worked diligently to keep up with the throngs of teenagers decending on the breakfast like locusts. She remained calm and steadily kept the food, coffee, milk, creamer and juices readily available.

Once again, it looks like we will be returning to Eglin Quality Inn for the ITS District competition in 2015.

• Stayed January 2014
QualityInnEglinGM, General Manager at Quality Inn At Eglin AFB, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I am glad to hear you liked the renovations. We are still in the process of upgrading, so the rooms will be even better when you stay with us next year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Regency Inn Niceville
Regency Inn Niceville
#4 of 6 in Niceville
Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Be...
#5 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#20 of 39 in Destin

Been to Quality Inn At Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!