“Nice clean rooms!”

Quality Inn At Eglin AFB
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Traveling on business I get to stay in a lot of different hotels. I have to say this one was one of the best for the price! It was like coming home away from home. My room had plenty of room to move around in. Love having a refrigerator and microwave for my convenience too. Continental breakfast was small, but for free, no complaints. You do have a Cracker Barrel right next door, within walking distance, which made it even a more convenient place to stay. The best part for me was the very comfortable mattress and the fresh laundry smell of the linens, had me sleeping like a baby! I would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ellen C

Reviewed 11 June 2014

After an extended weekend trip to Niceville for a wedding, I decided to stay at the Quality Inn. All weekend I searched and searched, and just couldn't find the quality.

The room appeared to have been remodeled somewhat recently. When I checked in, the room appeared to be clean. The vinyl "faux wood" floor was disgusting. Do not under any circumstances walk on the floor barefoot. It probably was never cleaned. In fact, I didn't even notice a mop on the housekeeping cart, so I would venture to guess they are never mopped. The sheets felt like sandpaper. The pillows were very small, and had a funny odor to them. The light switches are on a motion sensor, which ordinarily is fine, but doesn't make sense that the only outlet near the bed is on a lamp and turns off every so often. Good luck trying to charge your phone while sleeping. The "Q Shower" has the water pressure of my garden mist sprayer; I get the water conservation, but it takes a good 20 minutes to shower.

All that would have been forgiven if one fatal error did not occur. When I returned late at night, my key did not work. When I went to the front desk, they just made me a new key without checking my ID. So who else would they have made a key for my room? After that, I did not feel secure staying there, and would never return due to that. That is front desk 101.

Like my title says, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian W
QualityInnEglinGM, General Manager at Quality Inn At Eglin AFB, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey on Trip Advisor. Our staff is held to a high standard, and I assure you that the incidence with your key was an isolated one. We are using new cleaning products on our recently installed flooring, and are tweaking them a bit to get things just right. Our housekeeping staff works extremely hard to keep the rooms tip top shape, and I apologize if you felt your room was not getting the attention it needed. I would be more than happy to discuss a way to resolve this issue, and hope you will consider giving us another try in the future.

Austin Pace
Quality Inn Eglin AFB

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had a wedding to go to in the near by beach. This hotel was close and not too costly. The room was clean except for the sand we brought in, mats would be a nice touch. Pillows where half size, I'm not a fan, but not to soft as to disappear they were just right. I slept well and didn't want to leave. The breakfast was good. They had Waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, muffins, and cereal. Apple and orange juice, and coffee too. I pre-paid so my check in and out took less then a min. I would use this hotel again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Bring sandals to walk around the room, its sandy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Not many hotels to choose from in Niceville. I will go back to the quality inn. decent hotel. checkin was nice and fast. room was clean. Loved the laminate floors. Missed the breakfast.
bed was comfy and water in shower was hot!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I'll start with what was OK. The breakfast was very good with nice breakfast staff. The bed was comfortable. Nice big TV.

Now the bad:
While checking in new clerk was waiting on us and she needed help from "the experienced clerk." This person was very loud and unprofessional. She said we had a smoking room and I said no, here is my sheet from the site we used that specifically said No Smoking and two beds. She said can you take 1 bed, I said no. She went on to say the site we used always put people in smoking rooms and that they are so busy, booked, she'd try to find us something. Oh, I guess she found an appropriate room and told us 3 times "Oh, you are so lucky, you are so lucky, you are so lucky." (in a horrid, loud voice) I guess we were lucky to get what we booked. She told us our site always puts people in smoking rooms and that we should complain. I told her, she should complain that it wasn't my problem. She then asked us what color our car was. We say beige and she asked us what color beige is. I am serious. She admitted that she knew red, blue, green, but had no idea was color beige was. Well luckily (I guess) we got a room.

Walked into the room and was almost knocked over by the smell of stale cigarettes or something. We had to prop the door open. The smell never did leave. I think I just got used to it, but upon entering the room each time it was right there in my face.

Towel rack was falling out of the wall (see picture). One of the hand towels had little black short hairs on it (like someone had shaved) - (again see picture). The rack that holds suitcases up high was also loose and coming out of the wall (see photo). I hope no one puts anything heavy up high or it will fall on someone's head. The water drained so slow the sink would fill up. And.......upon taking a shower I tried several times to close the shower curtain. It was impossible because it was one of those sort of rounded shower curtains and it was not attached to the wall properly, so the shower curtain fell down to the middle of the rod -- that was so odd. Ice machine in our area did not work, so had to walk to other building to get ice.

And I had a man (he and his wife could own the place and clean rooms) walk into our room as we were taking stuff to our car. We had the door unlocked, open a tiny bit and my husband was making a trip to load the car and he just walked in, looked at me and looked around like he was confused. This was at 9:09 a.m. when checkout was at 11:00 a.m. No knock, no statement of "housekeeping" -- just walked in. I was totally shocked and glad I had clothes on. How rude. No sorry, excuse me, nothing, just the odd look.

It was just unreal. We stayed there because of the price, but on hindsight I think I'd go someplace.else. It was almost comical the myriad of things that were wrong. You'd think that all these totally obvious problems would be reported and fixed. Most of these things are easily fixed. I just don't think they care at all and are letting this place go right into the ground.

Room Tip: Avoid 143 for sure. Wonder what the others are like.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gena C
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My experience was so disappointing. I was so confident that my experience would be great. This place was dirty. I had to move from the original room to another, then another. The tubs were nasty in all three rooms. The rooms smelled terrible of mold. The windows had mold and so did the PTAC units. The linoleum floors were filthy, as evidenced by my children's socks and my towel. They did not clean my room nor empty my trash. The plumbing was bad, the tubs clogged, which left us to shower in our own dirt. I was handed a plunger and told to plunge my room tub. The next day maintenance plunged it and left the remnants in the tub, which housekeeping never cleaned after being asked. My concerns were debated and negated. I could go on....this experience was awful. So disappointing.....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kae83180
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This motel was clean and comfortable, and priced right. We were there for a meeting, and did not spend much time in the motel, but it served our purposes well. The next time we are in the area we will probably stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base
Regency Inn Niceville
Regency Inn Niceville
#4 of 6 in Niceville
Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Wingate by Wyndham Destin

Been to Quality Inn At Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!