“Worth the visit, and again, and again.”
Review of Illia's Greek Restaurant - CLOSED

Illia's Greek Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Worth the visit, and again, and again.”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The food is authentic Greek. The avgolemono soup was great. The octopus appetizer was, OMG - amazing. We shared 2 different entrees; the rack of lamb and the apollo seafood. That was enough food for 3 adults. We returned the next day to get take-out for the beach and each had the classic gyro (comes with a greek salad). Well worth the $$, dinner for 3 with 2 beers (they serve beer & wine only) with the tax & tip was $76, and that included a dessert we shared (not sure what is was called - ordered from site) and it was good. Not the regular baklava type pastry. The lunch for the beach was $17 with taxes. We will definitely go back, we visit Nokomis 2 times a year and are glad we discovered this place. Liliana & Ilia are wonderful people and we were glad to meet them too.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank MargMotelMgr

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Good Greek Food!!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Really Good Greek Food!!! I Eat out a Lot and after looking long and hard to find a Good Greek restaurant that has really good food I found "Ilia's Greek Restaurant", and what a find. It's a family owned/ operated restaurant with a nice cozy atmosphere. I have been there a few times for Lunch and Dinner, they have a great Lunch Special. Each time I go I try something new and I haven't been disappointed yet. I love there gyro's and you can't beat the prices for what your getting. The Food was fresh and had that "authentic" Yaya or Papu flavor from Greece. The place was clean and the service was fast for really fresh food. It's located right on 41 south just after "Inlets Blvd", and if your coming from Venice it's just after "Ave De La Isla". It's in the "Park Island Plaza" just look for the Blue and White sign.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank DV101
Auburndale, Florida
“OVERPRICED FOOD”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Recently ate here and food was fair quality. Overpriced and female server was rude. Save your money and go where food and service is better.

1 Thank Abrndale
“Excellent Greek Food!”
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Sorry I can't comment on other dishes - the Greek food is so good i haven't tried anything else. Years ago, I had a secretary who's son had trained in this country and immediately went to work in France. I learned from her how to pronounce Moussaka, and to appreciate this dish that can easily be mis-prepared. Illia's is the best I have ever had. The other dishes and the sides have been far better than satisfactory. Would I recommend to a friend. I've taken friends here more than once. Need I say more than I've put my foodie reputation on the line.

1 Thank foodie_here
Venice, Florida
“Terrible food, bad dining experience”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I decided to eat here recently after having a bad meal several years ago right after they opened, based on the subsequent positive reviews and I had a terrible lunch. I ordered a hot greek sampler plate which was supposed to have gyro meat, a greek salad and spanakopita. The gyro meat was dry and flavorless and cut into flat rectangular strips, you got about four thin strips. The greek salad was in the center of the plate, a tiny serving, did not have enough dressing on it, it was plain iceberg lettuce, just two tiny olives and only a few crumbs of feta cheese. The spanakopita was mushy. It was a complete ripoff. The owners spent much of the time I was there in the public dining area arguing with a customer about a double billed credit card charge. They didn't understand the customer's problem which was legitimate, she left unsatisfied. I will not be eating here again.

1 Thank veniceinlet