“Perfect Little Paradise”

Nokomis Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Nokomis
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My friend and I came here for a much needed break from Cleveland. We found this little place and fell in love! We stayed in a suite that had a full size fridge, stove and microwave in the kitchen area. The room was perfect, with pretty much everything you need like dishes, pots, pans, utensils, etc., and the staff was absolutely out of this world. They bent over backwards to take the time to learn your name and to make sure you had everything to make you welcome and comfortable. The pool was sparkling clean and well maintained, with music provided and a poolside cooler in case you needed one. It was very quiet and peaceful, and the landscaping beautiful! I haven't slept so good in YEARS! We didn't want to ever leave. This is the ONLY place we will ever stay when visiting the area. The price is perfect for those on a budget, yet you are treated like a VIP every moment of your stay. The current management staff has been in place for about 8 months now, and they have done wonders with this little gem. Don't pay any attention to the bad reviews from almost a decade ago-this place has been completely changed, and they do not tolerate any disturbances to your total comfort and happiness. I plan on someday moving to the area with my daughters, but if it was just me, I'd live there forever if I could-management and staff made us feel like family. We can't wait to go back! - Janine Stickovich

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Janine S

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This place was like finding a gold mine! Staff is out of this WORLD! Warm, friendly, and helpful as it was my first time down to that area of Florida from Chicago. Room was spotless including sheets and towels. Had a mini fridge to keep food and beverages in. Wireless internet worked flawlessly. Pool was clean and extremely well kept. Area was perfect including the surrounding neighborhoods which I had a concern about since I knew nothing about this area of Florida. Finally, the price was hands down the best deal out there. I will be traveling to this area 2-3 times per year at least and I have no desire to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Philip Jackson-

I am very Impressed! I stayed for a little over one week, i was working 30Mins away from this location. I have stayed in quite a few hotels in my day, therefore i have learned to examine the rooms before i stay in them. the room i was in was VERY clean! the sheets, pillows, and blankets were very clean and comfortable. the towels were spotless and very soft. both the microwave and fridge looked like they were new. the weather didnt permit much poolside activity.. but i saw them performing maintenance on a regular basis, so im positive the pool was very clean. plus they have DirecTV which is a HUGE plus! at least for me. the employees are phenominal. the level of hospitality found at this hotel is hard to find anymore. my vehicle broke down in georgia on my way to nokomis and delayed me a day. they understood my situation and made adjustments at no extra charge. if that happens at most hotels you will NOT get that treatment. The man at the main desk and his wife are some of the nicest people i have met. he's easy to have conversation with and was happy to help me with anything i needed. there was a point in my stay where i lost my wallet, she genuinely helped me look for it. i talked to the man who does all the maintenance quite a bit and he gave me a few good ideas on where to go on what little down time i had. i have no complaints about this hotel, i couldnt even make one up if i wanted to. they gave the impression that they hated to see me leave and i hated to leave.. yea, it was that nice of a stay!

i am sure that work will take me back to florida and when it does, i will be requesting this hotel.
if you could not tell by my review, i was very pleased, with everything.
for the accomidations and rates, it cannot be beaten. i would advise anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: i would assume that any room you choose, will be a good room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Philip J
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My late night arrival was met by a cool room, very clean and comfortable. The owners and staff were EXCEPTIONAL ! My 2 young daughters joined me the next day, and we spent 4 days in total, and as a frequent visitor to the area to see my kids, I can say I WILL BE BACK!!

Room Tip: rooms in the back are quieter, but if you like parking next to your room there are plenty of rooms f...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2012

really nice. we stayed for a month. and enjoyed the location and the view. Very pleased with managers and wife. First Class all the way.

Room Tip: get the rooms with kitchens they have more room and are quieter then the other side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife and I were visiting family nearby and needed a place for the night. We were very pleased with our visit. The Manager and his wife greeted us warmly and the room was very clean and comfortable. The Management works very hard to make your stay enjoyable. It shows. We upgraded to one of the two rooms with a king bed and the mattress was excellent. The room had a microwave and small fridge and a sitting area outside. We highly recommend this small motor inn. Nothing fancy here but it offers a good night's sleep for not a lot of money. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: US 41 can be a little noisy so request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcalpert
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed here two weeks and it was an excellent hotel. I expected a dive but was very pleasantly surprised to find everything renovated...the rooms were spotless...WI FI was fast and reliable...and FREE...and the Long Distance was FREE...free coffee every morning...the staff was professional, courteous and first class...I needed some equipment to run my printer and they helped me out at 9 PM at night....It was quiet but the location right next to US41 and a mile from Venice and the beaches was ideal.

I know the management is new and they are on the ball, so if you stayed here in the past and it wasn't up to snuff, try it now, it's a good experience and the price is half of what I would have had to pay for a hotel in Venice....

If you need a place to stay for longer then a week, this is the place to go to..price is right...location is great and you will have a clean, quiet room with everything you need to complete your business or enjoy your vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms as far away from US41 are super quiet and the place to stay if you need to do some business.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nokomis
Home2 Suites by Hilton Nokomis Sarasota Casey Key
Addys Villas
Addys Villas
#4 of 12 in Nokomis
Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice

Been to Nokomis Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!