“our home away from home.”

Nokomis Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Nokomis
Orlando, Florida
“our home away from home.”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

my husband and i have visited the nokomis inn probably 10 or so times now. we come down from orlando. we love it. its quiet , quaint and 5 min away from the beach...where we find sharks teeth galore! the is very friendly and you cant beat the price!! i would definately recommend this place to anyone trying to relax. we've stayed in every type of rooms they have and we have enjoyed every visit. we're going again this comming weekend :) they have a pool, grill, volleyball court and horse shoe pit. coffee in the AM. we love it and so do the kids:)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
nokomismotorinn, Manager at Nokomis Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thanks for your comments. We agree this is a great location at a great price, situated only a mile from beautiful Casey Key and Nokomis Beach. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
namibdon
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Booked the room for a swim meet. The room was adequate after it cooled, but the promised wifi was of insufficient strength to arrive in the room. The television was old and the picture blurry. I would stay soon, but only as a last resort.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank namibdon
nokomismotorinn, Manager at Nokomis Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
We appreciate you making us aware of a problem with our WiFi connection. We have installed two different types of routers, and installed a new repeater, all of which have not produced the results we were looking for. After much searching, we have found a company that will come on-site to diagnose the signal strength and recommend the equipment required. We hope to have this completed within the next few days.
Our guests are currently able to connect to the internet, and all but the farthest building receive a good signal in their rooms. Some enjoy sitting poolside on their laptops or on the benches around the property, even though they can connect in their rooms.
We are always striving to make our guests' stay a pleasant one. When we are made aware of a problem, we do our best to take care of it in a timely manner. Sometimes events occur that are unable to be taken care of during a customers' stay, which we regret. This was one of those times.
We hope you will return in the future and experience an outstanding WiFi connection in the room. Happy travels!
North Olmsted, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My friend and I came here for a much needed break from Cleveland. We found this little place and fell in love! We stayed in a suite that had a full size fridge, stove and microwave in the kitchen area. The room was perfect, with pretty much everything you need like dishes, pots, pans, utensils, etc., and the staff was absolutely out of this world. They bent over backwards to take the time to learn your name and to make sure you had everything to make you welcome and comfortable. The pool was sparkling clean and well maintained, with music provided and a poolside cooler in case you needed one. It was very quiet and peaceful, and the landscaping beautiful! I haven't slept so good in YEARS! We didn't want to ever leave. This is the ONLY place we will ever stay when visiting the area. The price is perfect for those on a budget, yet you are treated like a VIP every moment of your stay. The current management staff has been in place for about 8 months now, and they have done wonders with this little gem. Don't pay any attention to the bad reviews from almost a decade ago-this place has been completely changed, and they do not tolerate any disturbances to your total comfort and happiness. I plan on someday moving to the area with my daughters, but if it was just me, I'd live there forever if I could-management and staff made us feel like family. We can't wait to go back! - Janine Stickovich

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Janine S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This place was like finding a gold mine! Staff is out of this WORLD! Warm, friendly, and helpful as it was my first time down to that area of Florida from Chicago. Room was spotless including sheets and towels. Had a mini fridge to keep food and beverages in. Wireless internet worked flawlessly. Pool was clean and extremely well kept. Area was perfect including the surrounding neighborhoods which I had a concern about since I knew nothing about this area of Florida. Finally, the price was hands down the best deal out there. I will be traveling to this area 2-3 times per year at least and I have no desire to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank David C
Summersville, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Philip Jackson-

I am very Impressed! I stayed for a little over one week, i was working 30Mins away from this location. I have stayed in quite a few hotels in my day, therefore i have learned to examine the rooms before i stay in them. the room i was in was VERY clean! the sheets, pillows, and blankets were very clean and comfortable. the towels were spotless and very soft. both the microwave and fridge looked like they were new. the weather didnt permit much poolside activity.. but i saw them performing maintenance on a regular basis, so im positive the pool was very clean. plus they have DirecTV which is a HUGE plus! at least for me. the employees are phenominal. the level of hospitality found at this hotel is hard to find anymore. my vehicle broke down in georgia on my way to nokomis and delayed me a day. they understood my situation and made adjustments at no extra charge. if that happens at most hotels you will NOT get that treatment. The man at the main desk and his wife are some of the nicest people i have met. he's easy to have conversation with and was happy to help me with anything i needed. there was a point in my stay where i lost my wallet, she genuinely helped me look for it. i talked to the man who does all the maintenance quite a bit and he gave me a few good ideas on where to go on what little down time i had. i have no complaints about this hotel, i couldnt even make one up if i wanted to. they gave the impression that they hated to see me leave and i hated to leave.. yea, it was that nice of a stay!

i am sure that work will take me back to florida and when it does, i will be requesting this hotel.
if you could not tell by my review, i was very pleased, with everything.
for the accomidations and rates, it cannot be beaten. i would advise anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: i would assume that any room you choose, will be a good room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Philip J
Sutton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My late night arrival was met by a cool room, very clean and comfortable. The owners and staff were EXCEPTIONAL ! My 2 young daughters joined me the next day, and we spent 4 days in total, and as a frequent visitor to the area to see my kids, I can say I WILL BE BACK!!

Room Tip: rooms in the back are quieter, but if you like parking next to your room there are plenty of rooms f...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Southaven, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 February 2012

really nice. we stayed for a month. and enjoyed the location and the view. Very pleased with managers and wife. First Class all the way.

Room Tip: get the rooms with kitchens they have more room and are quieter then the other side.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nokomis
A Beach Retreat
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
Gulf Shore Beach Resort
Gulf Shore Beach Resort
#8 of 12 in Nokomis

Been to Nokomis Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!