The Beachcomber
US$188
US$132
Home2.com
Nokomis Inn and Suites(Nokomis)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$122
US$251
US$224
US$212
Travelocity
All reviewsbeach bagwonderful hostsold floridacasey keyplace to staybeautiful beachsouth villathought of everythingperfect apartmentnext yearbig apartmentcookies waitingminor damagea stones throwwelcome homespecial treatlook no further
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We are from the UK and having travelled in 49 states of the USA we can honestly say that this is the perfect place to stay if you want to be in a relaxed and friendly place on the beach. Tekla and Robert cannot do enough to make you feel welcome and your stay memorable. We had apartment 7 that was perfect in every way, everything used is top class and comfortable. Exceptionally clean throught. A lovely balcony to watch dolphins, pelicans and other seashore birds while you have breakfast on the balcony! Tekla and Robert are able to give you ideas where the best restaurants are located. In all a perfect place and cannot wait to return next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joan M
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was actually our second time back at the beachcomber. This resort is such a gem. We always have such a good time and you can NOT beat the location-right on the beach! Our toddlers played all day on the beach, the resort provided chairs and umbrellas which were a welcome amenity. We would travel in the afternoon to the local market and pick up our dinner and grill on the one of the gas grills provided. If your looking for room sevice with turn down and a stocked minibar- this is not the place for you!! If you are looking for a pristine beach, family oriented with a classic old time florida feel, you found it! Just be sure to only pass it along to your closest friends!!

The rooms are absolutely (impeccably) clean with Florida style decor. I gave them only 4 out of 5 because it was so hot during our stay our a/c could not keep the room cool and we had to use the fans provided. Any other month I'm sure it would be manageable!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank twosandals
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Price is reasonable, clean, nicely decorated, great hosts, AND Casey Key. Beachcomber is also within walking distance to the jetty, with the Casey Key drum circle very close by. I know I'm probably in the minority but I think I prefer the villas across the street, or at least equally. My wife might disagree since we had a split stay and also stayed on the ocean side too. Our villa was very spacious, great size kitchen and living area. There is a patio, grill, and a dock out front if you'd like to do a little fishing. It wouldn't bother me at all if I had to settle for the villa again since I like the serene view and private patio area on the inlet. You can't go wrong either way. Tekla and Robert were great host. Robert needs to work on his english though, he still speaks British :)

Room Tip: The villa across the street (with the patio) more than met my expectation.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richaaard
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The Beachcomber.....need I say more?
My husband and I just returned from a week-long stay on tropical Casey Key after a 23 year absence at the relaxing Beachcomber ocean front property.
We had a well- appointed one bedroom with a bath, a kitchen stocked with appliances,and a living area with a pull-out couch and TV.
The owners were available and helpful, but in an unobtrusive way.There was a laundry room, and in it we found beach chairs,umbrellas, of course the washer and dryer were there for our use also!
We stayed in the "gulf" apartment, located ground floor with ocean view, large covered patio, tables,chairs,chaises,grill....... What else could you need?
The apartment was clean beyond imagine, and decorated beautifully.
Could we find any problems? Yes. One. We had to leave!

Room Tip: I would choose either the "Gulf" or "Palm" units ...they each have one bedroom and face the ocean on the ground floor. The patios are covered,which is great for rainy times!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I picked this resort so my Michigan grandsons could experience the ocean. We could see the water from our kitchen and went out several times a day. They snorkeled and body surfed. The water was as warm as a bath. We found many shark teeth to an 8 year old's delight. The baby enjoyed bobbing around in the waves in his life vest.
The cottage #4 was perfect. We were the only ones in our building so we didn't have to shush the kids. It had everything we needed from bar b que to beach umbrellas.
The best rating I can give it is the kids said they would rather return next year to the beach than go back to Walt Disney World!

• Stayed: August 2013