My husband and I spent the weekend in No. 7 recently. It was like we never left home, but had been transported to a parallel universe on the ocean. The decor was incredible, and theplace was impeccably clean. There were special touches of design everywhere, like somebody lived there and carefully studied the spaces. This was a first-class treat at a reasonable price.
We brought groceries and cocooned at the place, enjoying the beach view and the sunsets from our wooden porch. There was cable TV, but we didn't watch it. We brought music, but we didn't listen to it. We brought books, and there were dozens throughout the condo -- but we didn't read them. Instead, we focused on ourselves and the moment -- turning two days into two weeks -- time didn't exist. We went back to work on Monday, refreshed and recharged.
The proprietors, Tekla and Robert, added to the positive mindset we already possessed.
We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber consists of twelve apartments & cottages located on the beach on Casey Key We are an intimate friendly place where you can enjoy a quiet bit of "Old Florida". Our units are exceptionally clean and fully furnished. It's the kind of place where guests return year after year and bring their friends. Give us a call and we will save a sunset for you! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Beachcomber Hotel Nokomis
- Beachcomber Hotel Nokomis
- Beachcomber Motel Nokomis
- The Beachcomber Nokomis, Florida