“Wonderful!”
Review of Oggi Ristorante

Oggi Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Oggi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I read all the reviews online and thought this would be a great place to take the family for dinner while we were on vacation. There were six adults and two children. My grandsons are 6 mo and almost 2. We were a bit apprehensive when we walked in because the restaurant is much nicer and more formal than we expected. However, every staff member made us feel totally at home. I can't begin to say enough about the food. We were all blown away at the amount of food on each plate and everything was prepared to perfection! We all decided that we want them to open up a second location around the corner from our homes in Austin, Texas... we would go on a weekly basis if it was anywhere close. We were totally stuffed but we all managed to figure out how to share 3 desserts. I can't pass up Creme Brulee and unfortunately, I'm often disappointed... NOT THIS TIME... this was wonderful and a perfect ending to a very memorable meal!

• Visited December 2013

Alexandria, Virginia
“Traditional Italian Food”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Wonderful traditional Italian food. We really enjoyed their signature garlic bread and the staff was attentive and offered great recommendations for new items to try. The restaurant has wonderful ambiance inside and relaxed dining outdoors. Definitely a must-try in North Bay Village.

1 Thank Andriettes
Hollywood, Florida
“Solid Italian Food At Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I used to go here regularly, when I lived on South Beach years ago. Back then, it was a tiny hole in the wall, and it felt like you were stepping through a doorway into a small restaurant in Italy. But like many other places that are too good to be kept secret, the word got out, and the restaurant was expanded, and while it is still very good, it has lost a little of the magic it used to have.

The menu is not extensive, which is usually a good sign, since things don't sit around a long time, hoping to get ordered. The crab cake appetizer was very good, with plenty of crab and very little filler. Their cheese garlic bread is also very good, but a little pricey at over $6.00 for a small basket. We would have tried the mussels, but the waiter forgot to bring them, and by the time we got his attention, the main courses were on the way.

My friend had the Veal Parmigiana and I had the skirt steak. The veal was done very nicely, it was tender, not overly sauced or too cheesy, which can be a frequent problem. My skirt steak was done exactly to the medium rare that I ordered, and came with potatoes and some grilled onions, but seemed to be missing the Port wine sauce that was supposed to be part of the dish.

There is a nice wine list, with some very reasonable prices, and the Malbec we ordered was quite good. Neither of us had room for dessert, although the menu was tempting, and I rounded out the night with an espresso.

If our waiter had been a little more on the ball, and not missed several items, this would probably be a five star review.

HINT: The restaurant frequently participates in Groupons, Local Dines and other discount deals in the summertime, which can save you some money on the meal.

Hallandale Beach
“Best Italian dining in Miami area, bar none!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I have been a customer here since 1996 and have never had a bad experience.
Every pasta, every soup and all the fish and seafood are perfect!
If I have twenty meals here, nineteen are excellent and one is just good.
Excellent staff that has been here for a long time, a very good sign.
Prices at lunch are wonderful.
Thank you for this, as it allows me to come anytime I can.
Owned by a local couple who also happen to be wonderful people. This restaurant is great for business meetings--Channel 7 Television studio is down the street--family, dates or solo.
Mangia!

2 Thank MOUTONROTHSCHILD
“Great food and friendly service”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent lunch, the eggplant lunch special included soup and bread. The service was friendly and polite(rare in Miami). Had a wonderful time definitely coming back