My husband & I booked this hotel for a pre-cruise stay. Good start with complimentary airport pick-up by Carrie. She was so pleasant, informative about places to eat, and overall a good driver. Hotel gave an ok impression upon arrival, lobby had an odd damp smell & I noticed that area was where breakfast would be served...so not good. We were assigned a 1st fl. room that had us walking down a narrow outside corrider with room doors to one side and a cinderblock wall on our other. We entered a room that was very narrow, small bathroom & no view. There was also an odd step down to where a lamp & chair were place in front of the sliding door. Step is awkward & catches you unaware if you forget about it. I had asked for a bay view but was told that what we booked thru hotwire we booked a standard room & this was an upgrade since it had 2 double beds instead of 1. Honestly never heard of a hotel with 1 double bed & at a "discounted" cost totaling nearly $200. a night I felt it was a bit overpriced. The room did look as if it had been recently redone though & while not impressive by any means, the bed was comfortable.
We went to the pool & enjoyed sitting on the plentiful lounge chairs. Right on the bay so pretty view. The hotel location was great. We went to a Cuban restaurant just across the street about a block or so down that Carrie recommended. It was inexpensive with large portions of good food. We walked across a bridge to Miami Beach & picked up last minute items at a Walgreens (I believe that was the store name).
In the morning we went for the complimentary continental breakfast & found the unpleasant odor in the lobby was gone. Very nice selection of juice, make your own waffles, scambled eggs, coffee/tea, etc.
Transportation to the pier was not included, as is with another hotel where we generally stay & also would have been a bit cheaper, however the location of this property outshown the other. After check-out Carrie helped us out again by calling a cab & estimating our cost to the pier to be approx. $25.-$30., which was accurate. She also told us to tell the driver to be sure he was taking us via a particular route (which I no longer remember) to be sure we weren't ripped off. Carrie definately added to the experience of staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our quiet bay front location on an island between Miami and Miami Beach allows quick access to South Beach, downtown Miami, Miami International Airport and the port of Miami. Rest comfortably in our tranquil location on pillow top beds and enjoy flat screen televisions with either a 32-inch or a 42-inch screen. Microwave, refrigerator, and single serve coffee makers are also available in the room. With convenient on-site hotel parking, poolside views overlooking Biscayne Bay and our fitness center make us a perfect location to stay. Book our balcony rooms for extra space with exquisite bay or city views. Worried about paying extremely high parking prices near the beach? There is public transportation located directly in front of our hotel that will take you to South Beach at a low and reasonable cost. Best of all we have no resort fees! Come with your family or friends and enjoy an exciting evening at our Shuckers Bar & Grill Restaurant and make it an enjoyable stay at our BEST WESTERN On the Bay & Marina. We hope to see you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western On The Bay Inn & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus On The Bay Inn And Marina
- Best Western Plus On The Bay Inn & Marina Hotel North Bay Village
- Best Western North Bay Village
- North Bay Village Best Western
- Best Western On The Bay Inn & Marina North Bay Village, Florida