“Nice relaxing boat trip with friendly host”
Review of Captiva Cruises

Captiva Cruises
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Captiva Island
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our host from Boston was both funny and informative. Saw some dolphins on this trip. Ended up taking the stop at Useppa Island. Nice restaurant there with a country club atmosphere. We also notice a pool on the island, a croquet field and a life size chess set, but it seemed to be a members only club, so we weren't really sure if we could use those amenities. If not, there really wasn't much going on the island itself.

1  Thank Jason A

Reviewed 6 August 2014

They look at the weather and have your safety in their best interest. There are coupons on line if you plan to take a cruise to one of the outer Islands. Nicer boats and I believe you can rent kiaykes there. I don't know how to spell that word. Little paddle boats and stand up boards. There, you know what I mean.

1  Thank Jamie T
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked the sailboat tour for the early afternoon but because of severe thunder storms they cancelled. They did however bump us up to the sunset sail. After the storm the wind had totally died down so it ended up being a motor sail. The crew were great though and we had a lot of fun. The sunset was beautiful. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone!
Just a tip...give yourselves about 20 minutes extra to get to the dock after entering the resort. It's a bit of a drive down to the boat.

2  Thank Binarysmart
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had reservations for a while as we did not want to miss it. Worried the weather would be a problem but it passed quickly as this is Florida. Didn't go out on the gulf due to low winds but still saw the sun set on the Gulf with no visual impairment of trees or buildings.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Let me begin with the positives, we were staying at South Seas Island resort and received a 50% off coupon in our mailbox, nice start. So $65 for two adults and two children. The crew was great, the MC was very knowledgeable and not at all annoying or pretentious. The captain was an adorable fellow who was friendly and good with the kids.

We went on the ride to Cabbage Key, about an our there, we spent two hours on the island (which I will also review) and then an hour back. 10:00am to 3:00pm, good value. The hour back was long, really long, for the kids and myself, with the sun pounding on us and drinks at a reasonable but bloated price, we opted to hold out until we arrived...probably not the best choice. I did fork out $5 per fruit smoothy (laced with sugar) on the way there, but there was no way I was turning this into an executive $400 trip!!! Call me cheap, but I don't get million dollar corporate bonuses as an educator.

Bottom line, go. Take the trip, try to get the 50% off, but even without, it is worth it (more worth while with the 50% off, yeah I guess I am cheap.)