“Best place to rent in Captiva/Sanibel hands down!”

Captiva Kayak Company & Wildside Adventures
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to rent from. Very knowledgeable and friendly with good quality kayaks. The kayaks they offer are good ones with rudders that really help a lot. They also give you nice fitting life jackets to wear that are comfortable. Their rates are very reasonable also, a real class act operation!
Thanks

1  Thank Kctravelers4

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The kayak trip was fun and interesting. The cost was also relatively cheap. The place is run by the owners and they were really nice and knowledgeable about the local environment.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We walked over the evening before to check on rates and times. Barb was awesome! She was full of valuable information. We walked over the next morning, signed our form. From there, she gave my daughter (11) and I a great lesson in how to paddle properly so as to not tire ourselves out. During our lesson, momma and baby manatee decided to pop their heads out about 20 feet away. Barb told us all about them and that she had been keeping a diary on their activities. I have never had someone stock our boat so well - they gave us spray bottles, towels, back rests for lumbar support, a mini map and lots and lots of tips. We didn't have to pay for parking because we walked, so bear that in mind if you drive. I think it is $5. There are only porta-potties so make sure you go before you head out :) We packed a small cooler with PB&J, water and apples. It was perfect - we ate our lunch while paddling through the mangroves!

1  Thank j9_2000
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I never kayaked before, but after they taught us what to do, I was a pro. Kayak through mangroves and Buck Key. The dolphins, manatees and loggerhead turtles are your guides. As close to nature as you can ever be.

1  Thank GMreview4u
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

If you go, definitely take the owners advice, they were right on about pretty much everything including where to go and when to go. The Buck Key route is awesome and the price was reasonable. I would definitely do this again, I had a great time and especially appreciated the emphasis on being respectful to the manatee for tourists who don't understand them.

2  Thank Jody A