“Beautiful Home, Great Destination”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 169-Key Lime Time

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
aomal
Carmel, IN
“Beautiful Home, Great Destination”
Reviewed 4 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011

This home is a beautiful choice if you are planning a North Captiva stay. It has a great layout for multiple families staying together. There are 3 levels with lots of opportunities for privacy or visiting, depending on what you feel like at the moment. I would highly recommend this property.
The decor in this home is absolutely gorgeous- the person who chose the furnishings, window treatments and trimmings has perfect taste in my opinion. There are lots of nice pictures throughout the home, and the color schemes are fantastic. It is both beautiful and comfortable.
The pool area is really lovely with a nice deck surrounding it. The pool has a hot tub connected to it, which we enjoyed as well. What I disliked about it was that in November, the pool was in the shade for a lot of the day as the sun isn't as high in the sky as it would be another time of year. But no problem, a gorgeous stretch of beach is very close by. Also, the pool chairs aren't comfortable, which doesn't sound like a big deal until you try to relax in one. They are good looking, but they aren't very functional.
The kitchen is lovely. As other guests have stated, its not terribly well stocked. It is a crime to see that guests have totally destroyed most of the pots & pans by using metal tools in non-stick items causing teflon to flake off and making them unusable. We had some trouble cooking due to this fact. The owners have stocked the kitchen with appropriate plastic utensils, but people seem to have disregarded this. I would not plan on using the pool area kitchen as a kitchen- there's basically just a counter/shelf area with a little refrigerator.
When we had a slight issue with the refrigerator, there was a guy there in 5 minutes. The service was excellent.
We had a bit of golf cart trouble, but our cart was quickly replaced with no problem. And tvs were all in working order, but we had to ask for some remote batteries to use a couple of them. The video game stuff didn't appear to be working at all even though we tried. The grill works but the grill starter didn't work, so we had to go get some matches.
Finally, I would say that this property is definitely a keeper and I would highly recommend it, especially for larger groups.
This was our second trip to the island. We felt like there were many nice improvements to the island in general. The staff was a gazillion times nicer than when we went 7 years ago. Back then, we sort of felt like they had an attitude like they were doing us a huge favor to accomodate any requests. Now, they are just super friendly & helpful. We'll definitely be back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The home was beautiful and the island was great.
Liked least: Icky pots & pans.
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ND
Reviewed 27 October 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Value Location
Cleanliness Check-in / front desk
Philadelphia suburbs
Reviewed 7 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Minneapolis

ma
Reviewed 27 April 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing