“Excellent kayak tour for all abilities”

Adventure Sea Kayak
Ranked #2 of 20 Tours in Captiva Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Sea Kayak & SUP is a family owned and operated adventure guide service that is now in its second generation. Owned and operated by Captain John Houston, we offer a variety of water activities including kayak / SUP board rentals, wildlife tours, and SUP yoga sessions. Open year-round, kayak rentals are offered on an hourly, daily, or weekly basis. Delivery is available upon request. Our Buck Key Mangrove Kayak Tours are offered daily four times a day. Each guided tour allows guests the opportunity to experience and explore nature while gaining educational information and having fun in and around the waters of Pine Island Sound and the Gulf of Mexico. We can accommodate large or small groups. Private tours are also available upon request. All trips depart from the Tween Waters Inn Marina on Captiva Island, located at 15951 Captiva Dr. - Captiva, Florida 33924. As a family of old Florida, we truly enjoy sharing stories of the Barrier Island Life and surroundings.
Reviewed 18 February 2014

First class staff and kayaks make for an excellent adventure for all skill levels. Easy paddle over safe channel to Buck Key, nice mangrove canopy through part of the Key, and safe return over open water. A manatee put his snout up through the water next to my paddle at the dock where we started. In adddition to the usual sea birds (herons, egrets, etc.) we saw a bald eagle, river otters in the mangroves, a dolphin in the distance, and best of all, a friendly cormorant our guide calls Carl, who is smart enough to know that paddles over sea grass stir up hiding fish for easy pickin's. Carl swims under your kayak and helps himself to fish. He had at least 6 of them during our tour. A very fun time.

2  Thank CapeCodPaul
"great tour"
in 8 reviews
"flora and fauna"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"duck key"
"open water"
in 6 reviews
"great hour"

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Amazingly, they have closed touring kayaks, at very reasonable prices. Make the tour around Buck Key: tons of birds and great scenery. Very helpful staff

2  Thank harvey44
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We particpated in a stand-up paddle board yoga class from Yali. We are both yoga instructors so we know a good teacher when we see one. She is a remarkable teacher. I would take any class from her, but this was a novelty. She made a special effort to keep us safe and to help us feel stable in this new experience. It worked my core hard, and improved my general yoga practice. It was also spiritually fulfilling. The meditation on the boards at the end of the session was deep. I would recommend that kids and adults try this very fun experience. She has the ability to customize it to beginners and advanced yogis alike. You will love her!

2  Thank Aprilstutters
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My 2 hour 9 am nature tour guide was with Keith....he was extremely helpful from the first. The water was a bit choppy and he saw my concern and called his manager for feedback....and that was so appreciated! I did go and he was very knowledgable on the area, history, fauna and flora. I highly recommend him......he made for a memorable kayak trip! And he took me even though I was the only one scheduled....how special for me!

2  Thank SGTAS