This was our first trip to South Seas and we were thrilled with all that they had to offer. Stayed in a Beach Villa, which was at the quieter South end of the resort. Good ammenities on that end, but all of the main activity was at the North end of the resort - a short trolley ride away. We were celebrating our wedding anniverary (sans children) and enjoyed the quiet of the South end. Would definitely recommend those travelling with kids to stay at the North end narest the pools and activities. Plenty of activities to choose from - we enjoyed beaches, Sunset Beach bar, waverunner rental, dolphin and manatee watching in the marina, guided fishing, shell collecting and pools. Prices for rentals and activities were very reasonable and equivalent to other SW FL locations. Staff were all very friendly and polite and made you feel welcome wherever you went. Can't wait to go back. Highly recommended to anyone visiting Captiva!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida