We stayed in a beach front villa it was dirty and in poor shape. We had to have housekeeping change our bedding upon arrival because we found sand inside the sheets. The buildings that our room was located in were a bad design making us feel like we were staying in a dormitory. The noise from other guests in the morning was unbearable. Everything seems to echo through the building. Our air conditioning unit was so loud it was like a plane was coming in for a landing. And that noise was actually welcomed in the morning to drown out the noise from our neighbors. The pools and the beaches are beautiful. The staff was friendly and eager to assist. I felt that the requirement to where a wristband for the entirety of your stay while on the property was unreasonable and intrusive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelClick, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida