My family and I just got home from a week at South Seas. Our vacation didn't start off on a good note. We got to the resort at 3. They told us our room would be ready by 4. 4 came 430, and 5. I call and they told us they would find out. No call back for an hour. Finally at 6 I call and they tell us our room is ready. We booked a harborside waterview room, which had a great view. After the mess with the room we wanted to get changed and have dinner but our luggage didn't show up for another 2 hours. The person I spoke to was understanding and said they would send a voucher for dinner.
The next day we came back to the room at 5 and the room hadn't been serviced. At 6 the maid knocks on the door and handed us towels saying something about her shift ending. The next day, no maid service at all. We called and complained but nobody seemed to think it was a big deal. Finally the next day they got their act together and the room was serviced every day while we were at the beach..
Remember that dinner voucher I was promised? We arrived Sunday and that's when I was told I would get it. Tuesday I call the front desk and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about or didn't care. They said would call back in a few. No call back. Finally the next day I call the main number and they knew what was up and had it sent right over. That was the end of any negative experiences on the trip.
The people who work at the restaurants, pool, stores,and beach are extremely nice and very attentive. They were amazing. The wait staff at the harborside restaurant were top notch. They went out of their way to make our stay great. Also Caitlin at Skullys was great with my young son.
Overall it's a nice place. It's kept clean, the point and harborside restaurants are great, and the beaches are awesome. If you are from the northeast don't get pizza at scoops and sliced but the ice cream is fine. The harborside water view rooms were great aside from the maid issue. Also harborside restaurant is a little pricey but nothing too crazy in comparison to other resorts. Outside the resort down the street there were a few good restaurants we tried which were the Bubble Room( weirdest place on earth), Mucky Duck, and Cantina Captiva. Those were all good places and easy on the wallet. Also bring bug spray. We were eaten alive at night by the "no see ums".
I just think the front desk acted like they didn't care most of the time and the maid service was iffy at the start. The trolley drivers were always in a bad mood in the evening too. They had no care if people were running for the trolley in plain sight or if a small child said thank you when exiting. If these things could be improved on this would be a 5 star review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida