We spent 3 days/2 nighs here, because we got a great deal through Travelzoo.
Our room had lots of space, and it was in a quiet area. Close to the Marina.
Customer service was very very good. They are very attentive and help you with anything you need.
We all had a great time, enjoyed the slides, pool and the beach.
Things to be aware: the place is HUGE, and they have a tram that you can take. The Marina is in the opposite end of the pool with the slide. Tram runs every 20 min, but it was hot and with possible rain, we decided to drive there. We were lucky to find spots to park.
We drove everyday, to pool or beach, and in my ideal vacation I forget about driving...
Room we got was very nice, but we had several ants.. :(
They are very kid friendly which worked out great for our group with 3 kids, but I wouldn't pick this place if I was only traveling with my husband.
As far as food, we didn't try the restaurants inside, so I can make an opinion.
Would we go back? Maybe, if I get a good deal (normal prices are over my price range).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Seas Island Resort is located on 330-acres on tropical Captiva Island, on the west coast of Florida, just off the beaches of Fort Myers, Fl. South Seas is an iconic resort village combining a natural wonderland with modern resort amenities and accommodations. The resort offers many styles and sizes of accommodations including guestrooms, one to three bedroom villas (condominiums), cottages and spacious private homes. Activities at the resort include tennis, golf, water sports programs including kayak tours, boating and parasailing. Kids will have a great time at the Sanibel Sea School while learning about the surrounding environment. Enjoy three lagoon style pools, complete with private cabanas located at the Pointe and H2Whoa! With two fun water slides. The resort also features some of the best shelling in the world on the miles of sugar sand beach. For relaxation, the Kay Casperson Boutique and Spa is located in the South Village, providing special pampering with a complete spa treatment menu.Dining at South Seas Island Resort is as varied as the activities, with The Harbourside Bar and Grill and The Pointe located at North Pointe. Visit Scoops & Slices, located next to The Pointe, for ice cream or coal fired pizza. In the South Village, other options include Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille, Starbucks and the Captiva Provision Company, a gourmet deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your South Seas Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Seas Island Hotel Captiva Island
- South Seas Island Captiva
- South Seas Island Resort Captiva Island, Florida