First I went alone, then, later, my daughter joined me. She & I returned every year until she married and then her husband came along. When the girls were born they came with us, making 4th generation visiting Captiva.
'Tween Waters has everything. This year we spent the first day, in pouring rain, on the beach, in the Gulf, in the pool hooting & hollering and having a ball! It was warm and lovely. The weather usually is at this time of year. My granddaughters even found kids to play with.
We take the same room each year. It overlooks the bay and we can see ospreys fishing, manatees, fish jumping, right from our screened in (huge) balcony. It's perfect for a family and has a full kitchen with all amenities. The last few years we fit a crib into the living room even with the queen sofa bed pulled out.
The breakfast buffet is nice; there isn't much for "Weight Watchers" but I hardboiled my own eggs and there's Greek yogurt and always the option of ordering from the menu. We LOVE the waitstaff and being greeted with hugs each year.
There are tennis courts, a spa, and 2 excellent restaurants on the property. The Crow's Nest (the more casual of the two) has (hermit) crab races and music a couple of times a week. Since this is the "low" season there aren't as many activities as there are later on, but still plenty to do. There are kayaks and canoes to rent, fishing trips to go on, and, of course, shelling (which is what made Sanibel & Captiva famous to begin with).
"Tween Waters is always a great spot for a destination wedding or gathering; its situation on the Island makes it ideal for watching the sunsets. We're thinking of having a big party there for my next "huge" birthday. We love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island