Hotel is situated in central Captiva which is about 15 miles to the mainland via Sanibel - there are speed restrictions on the road and so that journey can take about 30 mins.
The Hotel is in a superb location between with the sea with great beach just across the road and the sound behind. (Manitees regularly seen close to shore in the sound)
The Reception Staff, and in fact all staff, are very helpful and friendly.
The Rooms are clean and well furnished containing two comfortable twin beds, old style TV, table, fridge, Coffee making, pictures, etc. Bathroom is relatively small, but fine although ours was showing some signs of wear / age. Our Room faced the sea with a screened balcony containing chairs and table. In Room safe also provided. The room had a nice comfortable feel.
Although there was Wi Fi access in the rooms the strength of the signal was poor and not really usable.
There is a large pleasant swimming pool with bar - plus slightly irritating music !!!. Kayak rental available for use in the sound and also bicycle rental available.
The Hotel provide either cabanas or seats / umbrellas on the beach at a cost of $15 or $20 respectively which seems a bit pricey particularly since they were not that good quality. A superb beach and great for swimming or fishing. (Dolphins regularly seen)
A good quality / choice continental breakfast is provided between 7.30 - 11.00. Cooked options are available to residents for an extra $5.95.
There are two Restaurants as part of the Hotel - Old Captiva (up market quality style) and The Crows Nest (Pub style). Both are good and reliable.
This was our second visit to Tween Waters and we will probably return again. One downside is that it takes some time to get back to the mainland, but this must be balanced against the location - Captiva is a bit less busy than Sanibel.
A very good hotel perhaps falling just short of excellent in my view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island