My husband and I stayed at Tween Waters for the second time, this time To celebrate our anniversary. For the second time we felt like we were in paradise and did not want to leave!
We had a gulf front room with king bed. Small kitchenette in the room which enabled us to keep drinks, snacks and sandwich making supplies to bring a lunch across the street to the beach. We watched dolphins frolicking in the water from screened lanai. Delicious, filling buffet breakfast is served and is included in room rate, every a.m. offering fresh fruits, breads, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. Other items available to order with additional charge. We enjoyed a couples massage at the spa. Luxurious! We spent time in the pool but the best time was spent on the beach, enjoying the water, views of sea birds/pelicans, dolphins playing in the distance and boats sailing by while relaxing in rented beach chairs. The beach is covered in sea shells and had very few sun bathers, nice and quiet!
Service received, from check-in, at restaurant and check-out, was excellent. We will be back, for sure!
When we left the resort, we had lunch at the Bubble Room restaurant. Quirky but good food. We also enjoyed a sunset cruise with Cativa Cruises. Relaxing and fun time on the water. We watched a pod of several dolphins jump and play in the water and enjoyed a gorgeous sunset.
Tween Waters Inn is the perfect, quaint place to stay (recently placed on national historic register) and enjoy the quiet, relaxful pace of Captiva.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island