“Almost a perfect getaway !”

Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We have traveled to Sanibel and Captiva many times. This was our first time at the Tween Waters. Love the location, so convenient to have both the beach and the sound so accessible. The entire resort is comfortable and very island like feel. My only concern is how the pool area is managed. As we traveled with our 22 yr old and 19 yr old children, we were completely dismayed by the amount of people at the pool on Saturday and Sunday (7/28 & 7/29) who were excessively drinking...IN the pool, eating food, IN the pool all while entertaining their young children or in many instances NOT watching their young children. The pool is plenty big enough for all guests. Many times there were food remants and ice cream wrappers floating by us. Many times I observed people spill their alcohol into the pool. While in the pool with my family multiple times children continued to swim between our legs, bump into us with rafts, kick us with their feet etc. We were standing in ONE place in the water. After multiple disruptions by several children I asked two children on a raft who continuously bumped into us to go somewhere else in the pool, it is a big pool and plenty of room and to stop swimming into us and between us. No parents in site. A couple of hours later the mom of one or both of the girls approached me in the water. At first I thought it was a woman with a disability asking me a question. I quickly realized she was drunk!!!! She then started rambling nonsense to me about being rude to the 2 girls. She would not stop harrassing me. I asked her multiple times to go away from us and to stop harrassing me. She persisted. I then told her if she didn't leave I was going to ask the management to remove her from the pool area. She decided to leave, tripping multiple times gathering her family. There were alot of families out of control on the weekend at the pool. Some allowing their clearly underage children to consume alcohol. On Sunday we had one of our pool towels stolen. They moved our tshirt and personal belongings and took the towel provided by the resort. The towel program is a great perk at the resort. You have a towel card and exchange it for a very nice beach towel and you can exchange the towel as many times as you need to. At the end of your trip you hand your towel cards in to avoid being charged. The front desk was very nice to us and gave us another towel card so we would not be charged. Prior to going to the front desk about the issue, the woman running the towel program basically told us it is our problem, not the hotels and we are to not leave our belongings unattended. I asked her if she felt a family should take shifts to go into the pool. The front desk, however, was very understanding and apologetic. Amazingly enough on Monday there were no more issues in and around the pool. It seemed the 'weekend crowd' had all left and we enjoyed the next few days completely. I would definately stay at the resort again, maybe it was just a bad weekend. We especially would like to give credit to Jeferson, who checked us in, sat us at breakfast and we ran into several times around the resort. He really made us feel welcome there and one of the reasons why we would try the resort again. The food was very good at all of the dining options and priced reasonably. We rented fishing equipment there also. Very nice young man at the rental booth, although I do not recall his name. The coupons for food, recreation etc. very also fantastic and we enjoyed alot of them. Would love to travel back there for our anniversary!

Room Tip: We loved our room on the bayside !
4  Thank shellseeker0320
GeneralManager22, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Shellseeker0320,

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed our resort and location. Please allow me to apologize for your experience at our pool on July 28th and 29th. It is against our policy and health codes to allow people to eat and drink in a public pool. Thank you for bring the matter to our attention. I have scheduled a meeting with our pool bar manager this afternoon to discuss the situation. In addition we are looking into TIPS training for our servers and bartenders. TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) is a dynamic, skills-based training program designed to prevent intoxication, drunk driving and underage drinking by enhancing the fundamental "people skills" of servers, sellers and consumers of alcohol. Finally, we do not condone public intoxication and will not hesitate taking corrective action to have guests removed from the pool area and/or our property. Please feel free to bring a situation to management attention so we can address the issue.

Thank you again for staying with us and I am glad the remainder of your stay was very enjoyable. We do hope to see you again soon and hope that you will join us for your anniversary. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

There are newer reviews for Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa

Reviewed 1 August 2012

the sheets were covered with pills, and there were a lot of drunk adults on the weekend (aside from drinking I can't beleive they LET people SMOKE by the pool. But we still loved out view of the ocean and the hours spent bobbing on the waves. Overall the staff was SUPER nice, accommodating and lovely. Would recommend!!

Room Tip: Gulf view is priceless
1  Thank pikedb
GeneralManager22, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Pikedb,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. We are very glad our staff was SUPER nice, accommodating and lovely. Our management and staff take great pride and work hard to create memorable experiences that results in a desire to return for all of our guest. It’s nice to hear that your interaction with our staff had such a result. I do apologize about the condition of you sheets. I have spoken to our housekeeping staff an informed them to better inspect our sheets and other soft goods inventory during the laundry and folding process and replace as needed. Thank you for bring the matter to our attention. Thank you again for staying with us. We are glad to be on your recommend list and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Love this resort! Love that it is not glitsy, had that Key West feel to it. Everything at the resort is layed out so well and so convenient. Our room was very nice. Very islandy. Loved the colors of the resort. Loved that the balcony is screened in. Loved the location to the pool and easy access to the beautiful beach there in Captiva. Also, I loved how clean they keep the resort. There are no creepy crawly bugs. And I loved the folage and look of the resort. Sometimes resort photos are 'doctored', but I found the resort to actually look as good in person as they do on the website. I was worried about the road you have to cross to access the beach, but we found there to be very little traffic and because of the low speed limit, it was very safe.

The continental breakfast that they put out everyday is so impressive. The array of fresh fruits to pastries and bagels is more than enough and the service was exceptional. Not to mention the hours accommodate the early beachgoer/boater to the sleep-in late teenager. It was truly a nice touch.

And lastly, the manager of the hotel Mr. Babcock definitely goes out of his way to ensure your vacation is nothing but perfect. I found all the staff at the hotel to be very friendly and approachable. My kids and I plan on returning again next year. This could end up being a yearly getaway for us.

Room Tip: I would suggest the pool view with balcony. Great location. Close to the spa and the shuffleboard...
Reviewed 1 August 2012

From the time we made reservations until the minute we had to leave, everyone (office personnel, wait staff, housekeeping staff, bartenders, beach staff, security) was fabulous. Such a nice low-key,friendly, down-to-earth place with a lovely old Captiva feeling. Great location a real plus.

Room Tip: Loved view from our Gulf side 2nd floor room, but would request room on upper floor for even better...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I love this resort, but I wish that they would not allow people to walk around in the pool with food/drink in their hands. Some people have had way too much and carelessly spill into the pool. In July one of my grandchildren had a drink spilled on their head. Not sanitary, not good for family business. Why not just ask people to set drinks and food on the many tables surrounding the pool?

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This place is AWESOME!!! We stay there whenever we visit Capitiva. Been going there for more years then I can count. They have the cutest cottages. Walk across the street and you are at the beach. Nightly entertainment with bands at the Crow's Nest, which is the bar/restaurant right on site. All kinds of water activities available as well. Cute little shops with fantastic pottery, souvenirs, clothes, tees. etc., and not too pricey. The staff is great. Super friendly and full of information on where to go if you have never been there before. Oasis Bar right at the pool area is the best. Great drinks, and the bartenders (who are as great as their drinks!) have been there FOREVER!!! This place is great for families as well as the couples as there are activities for both. Great place to have a wedding too, and we have witnessed many on the beautiful chock full of shells beach. It's location is great as it is not far from the fabulous bars/restaurants on the island, as well as a short drive to Sanibel. It's definitely the place to stay when visiting Captiva Island. :>)

Room Tip: If you can get a cottage, go for it. They are usually the first to go as they are very popular. Th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wendymatt
Reviewed 30 July 2012

As we arrived, we decided to stroll along the beach area and, as we stood on the sand, a manatee popped up about 4 feet away from us! So lovely to see! It made my holiday! Tween waters is a lovely place - lovely pool area with lively pool bar that serves great food, plentiful and varied breakfast served til 11, great staff, clean, spacious room with a fabulous view of the ocean! We would love to return and stay longer. I mislaid my camera and, before I had even missed it the staff were calling me to let me know that they had it! Wonderful people, wonderful place!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
#8 of 20 in Sanibel Island
Beachview Cottages
Beachview Cottages
#2 of 20 in Sanibel Island

Been to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!