We have traveled to Sanibel and Captiva many times. This was our first time at the Tween Waters. Love the location, so convenient to have both the beach and the sound so accessible. The entire resort is comfortable and very island like feel. My only concern is how the pool area is managed. As we traveled with our 22 yr old and 19 yr old children, we were completely dismayed by the amount of people at the pool on Saturday and Sunday (7/28 & 7/29) who were excessively drinking...IN the pool, eating food, IN the pool all while entertaining their young children or in many instances NOT watching their young children. The pool is plenty big enough for all guests. Many times there were food remants and ice cream wrappers floating by us. Many times I observed people spill their alcohol into the pool. While in the pool with my family multiple times children continued to swim between our legs, bump into us with rafts, kick us with their feet etc. We were standing in ONE place in the water. After multiple disruptions by several children I asked two children on a raft who continuously bumped into us to go somewhere else in the pool, it is a big pool and plenty of room and to stop swimming into us and between us. No parents in site. A couple of hours later the mom of one or both of the girls approached me in the water. At first I thought it was a woman with a disability asking me a question. I quickly realized she was drunk!!!! She then started rambling nonsense to me about being rude to the 2 girls. She would not stop harrassing me. I asked her multiple times to go away from us and to stop harrassing me. She persisted. I then told her if she didn't leave I was going to ask the management to remove her from the pool area. She decided to leave, tripping multiple times gathering her family. There were alot of families out of control on the weekend at the pool. Some allowing their clearly underage children to consume alcohol. On Sunday we had one of our pool towels stolen. They moved our tshirt and personal belongings and took the towel provided by the resort. The towel program is a great perk at the resort. You have a towel card and exchange it for a very nice beach towel and you can exchange the towel as many times as you need to. At the end of your trip you hand your towel cards in to avoid being charged. The front desk was very nice to us and gave us another towel card so we would not be charged. Prior to going to the front desk about the issue, the woman running the towel program basically told us it is our problem, not the hotels and we are to not leave our belongings unattended. I asked her if she felt a family should take shifts to go into the pool. The front desk, however, was very understanding and apologetic. Amazingly enough on Monday there were no more issues in and around the pool. It seemed the 'weekend crowd' had all left and we enjoyed the next few days completely. I would definately stay at the resort again, maybe it was just a bad weekend. We especially would like to give credit to Jeferson, who checked us in, sat us at breakfast and we ran into several times around the resort. He really made us feel welcome there and one of the reasons why we would try the resort again. The food was very good at all of the dining options and priced reasonably. We rented fishing equipment there also. Very nice young man at the rental booth, although I do not recall his name. The coupons for food, recreation etc. very also fantastic and we enjoyed alot of them. Would love to travel back there for our anniversary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island