“Family”

Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Our family loved, loved this place and will for sure be back! Staff was very friendly and the property is beautiful. A very relaxing time we had! Wildlfe everywhere , the best was the sea owns at the marina, if made our Sunday,

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms were very nice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HolliLe
There are newer reviews for Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I was looking for a stress-free piece of paradise, and Tween Waters seem to fit the bill. This was my first stay at the property and it delivered on all it promised. Between the fun bayside eco-adventures chock full of Florida's amazing wildlife at play and dazzling Gulfside sunsets, I didn't want to leave. The staff was friendly and attentive, yet laid back and didn't hover (a pet peeve of mine when I want to truly relax).

The room in which i stayed was spacious, clean and had a lovely water view. I especially appreciated the tiled rainwater shower after a day of sun, and the kitchenette came in handy. Planning a trip to Sanibel? Try Tween Waters on Captiva for an even better getaway experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank omgWendy
Reviewed 10 September 2012

After several days spent with relatives at our family condo on Sanibel my sister and I high-tailed it to Tween Waters for a few days of R&R. My sister is lucky to live in Fort Myers so she and her husband can escape to Tweenies several times a year. My visits are limited to 1-2 times a year and I am never disappointed.

Tween Waters is a classic "old Florida" resort with modern amenities. It is the perfect place to relax, unwind and recharge. Over the years we have stayed in several cottages, the Bayside suites in the Mangrove building and the guest rooms in the Palmetto building. We have always been pleased with our rooms and have been impressed with the updates and renovations that have been taking place.

The food is wonderful. We have never been disappointed with our meals at any of the restaurants or at the poolside grille. The Crows Nest is also a favorite place of ours to dance the night away.

The pool is always a fun place to hang out and enjoy the day. I am always impressed with the friendly bartenders and wait staff at the pool. They go out of their way to make sure you are well cared for. The new towel program is wonderful too. It is so nice to have a nice towel to use and we have not had any problems returning them.

Like a previous poster said, this is not the Ritz. If you want the Ritz go stay at the Ritz. Tween Waters is a true gem on Captiva and it celebrates the amazing natural beauty of the island. One just needs to look across the bay toward Fort Myers beach to appreciate all that Tween Waters is and all that it has to offer.

Room Tip: The Bayside guest suites in the Mangrove building offer a nice quiet escape and great view of the ba...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank beachgirlinmo
Reviewed 8 September 2012

My major issue with this motel is that is just what it is, a motel, even though they call it a resort. Our room was nicely updated, clean, and in good order. My issues were with the grounds and pool of the motel.The rooms in the building we were in had a long exterior concrete walkways that were dirt and sand filled. This is because the alleys you walk and drive on are rutted dirt and sand. The area beyind our room appeared to be the final resting area of all of the broken and disgarded televisions from the room updates. The area between the building and the bay was ungroomed, with mostly weeds. The pool, at 8 am, was so cloudy that I was unwilling to go in. I can understand it being in that condition at the end of a day durung which large numbers of people had been swimming. It shoud not be in that condition first thing in the morning. The location is great and the beach nice. If you are used to hotel ammenities, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin J
GeneralManager22, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Martin J,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We appreciate you pointing out our wonderful location and our newly updated rooms. We are glad that you enjoyed them. However I do apologize that we did not meet all of your expectations. We try to anticipate and set our guests expectations as to what they will experience during their stay with us through many photos, videos, and property tours on our website, Facebook, and on-line review sites. We also encourage future guests to speak directly with our onsite reservations staff to ask questions and discuss the appropriate type of accommodations for your vacation needs. We are not a high rise hotel where you stay on the 10th floor and have to put on your robe, ride down in a glass elevator, and walk through a lobby filled with restaurants and shops to get to the pool. According to Webster, a resort is defined as “a place providing recreation and entertainment especially to vacationers.” With that in mind I would argue that we are a casual old world Florida island beach resort. We offer an Olympic sized swimming pool, covered kiddie pool, 2 Jacuzzis, 3 tennis courts, private beach, full service spa (offering hair, makeup, nails, massage, etc.), full service marina (offering fishing, guides, charters, boat rentals, dockage etc.), 3 restaurants (offering nightly entertainment), coffee shop, 2 gift shops and much more. Our landscaping is designed to be native to our islands and features sand, wood boardwalk, and paver drive and pathways which are often positively referred to in many of our reviews. Our pool is cleaned and checked for balance every morning by our maintenance crew. I was just there this morning and the water is crystal clear and the temperature was a very comfortable 87 degrees thanks to the cooling capabilities of our geothermal heating (and cooling) system. We thank you again for staying with us and we glad that you enjoyed our rooms and location. We apologize for not meeting all of your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We love this place, we live nearby and wanted to just get away from any temptations to work. We had a great time at the crab races, then just wandered around on our bikes, beached a little and did the kayak rental. Everything was low key and just what we needed. The food at the breakfast buffet was excellent and so was the service. The rooms were nice an clean and updated. This is not a fancy 'luxury hotel' It is quaint, comfortable, clean, and charming and that is exactly what we wanted. We took a short ride to south to Sanibel and also just north of the inn is' downtown' Captiva and did a little bar hopping and site seeing. Perfect ! Oh and almost forgot, they know how to do pillows!!!!

Room Tip: NOTE there are NO elevators, but the gulf view rooms view makes up for the trek.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debra F
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at Tween Waters the Friday and Saturday night of this past Labor Day weekend and had a wonderful, relaxing time. The best thing about Tween Waters is its location on Captiva, in that you have more beach privacy than in most parts of Florida, because parking is so limited on the island hat there aren't very many people there. There was a continental breakfast buffet that offered plenty of fresh fruit and coffee. Accommodation-wise, it's fine, not fabulous. I found the room to be a teeny bit dated but certainly not shabby and each unit has a screened in porch with two chairs and a table. We stayed on the gulf view side--the benefit ihere s you have an gulf view and if you have the door open (which we could not because it was too hot and the AC was on) you can hear the waves, but there is a road between you and the water. If you stay on the bay side, you don't have a road blocking your water view. I think I would have preferred the bayside for this reason, but my husband disagreed and liked the gulf side bettter--that said, I don't think you can lose with the view either way. There is a little area of a town near the hotel and it has a nice array of restaurants and a great little general store.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kareno425
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed three nights over Labor Day weekend. Room was clean and comfortable overlooking the pool. Maid service was quick and thorough when I was gone. Loved the black-out curtains over my balcony slider doors--absolute darkness even with the morning sun. My bed was divine.
Pool area was busy but service was great-the pool bar staff obviously strives for good service.
Had breakfast every morning in the Old Captiva House and dinner every night in the Crowe's Nest and the food each time was good and as advertized. Pool bar lunches were also very good.
I brought my boat and was glad that the marina staff was protecting the beach for the actual paying customers of the hotel- evidently, they get a lot of outside boaters coming in for lunch by the pool, which would be fine until the hotel's customers can't find a place to dock/beach- so I'm glad they are thinking of who's paying the majority of the bills around there.
Tween-Waters is not the Ritz, but I don't like the Ritz. If you want the Ritz, go to the Ritz. If you appreciate the natural beauty of Captiva, then accept the charm and good service that Tween Waters offers and just realize that you might see a bug somewhere along the line in south Florida and don't panic.
It's a one of a kind wonderful place and I will return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
#8 of 20 in Sanibel Island
Beachview Cottages
Beachview Cottages
#2 of 20 in Sanibel Island

Been to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!