“Perfect for Destination Wedding”

Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Jasper, Indiana
“Perfect for Destination Wedding”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Our son and daughter-in-law picked this property for their October wedding. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the quiet laid back Florida property. We booked a king suite with a separate living room, kitchen and two patio door access to our balcony overlooking Roosevelt Bay. The parking was easy at the elevator right below our room. The abundance of palms and vegetation and lack of high rises made the property feel intimate. We used all the restaurants on the property and were not disappointed by any of them. The best one for our large family was the extensive complimentary continental breakfast buffet where we all met each morning. Those who wanted to could still order off the menu, as many did, but this arrangement with the buffet was wonderful for the the toddlers. The lovely pool area and two cafes were the playground for our family each day, but we had the option of the beach also which we used. The wedding planner, photographer and resort did a wonderful job with the wedding arrangements and we just couldn't say enough about the food. Most of the pool staff were very accommodating, but no one has perfection.

Room Tip: We were told bayside was the best. We were glad that we did.
1 Thank amroutson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My nephew and his fiance chose Tween Waters Inn in Captiva as their wedding destination. This place is amazing. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The resort is very nice from the beach, to the marina to the restaurants and pool. I call it a one stop destination. If you choose, you would not have to leave the resort. Everything is here. 3 restaurants, a pool, marina, beaches, boat rentals, kayak and canoe rentals, oh and crab races which are very entertaining.

The wedding was amazing. At sunset on the beach. The resort did a great job making sure everything was just perfect for Adam and Katie. The reception followed in the Old Captiva House and the food was outstanding. One of the most beautiful weddings I have been to.

We arrived on Thursday and stayed until Monday. I wish we had more time to just relax and enjoy this wonderful resort. I guess we'll just have to vist Tween Waters again.

Also, this resort is pet friendly so our little terrier mix came along for the fun. What a great place.

Room Tip: The rooms were a little small which didn't bother us but some people in our party commented on t...
1 Thank Darlene S
East Hartland CT
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We just spent the past week here and had a GREAT time! The staff was wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. The resort was beautiful from the beach to the marina, the pool and the restaurants. If you are looking to just get away and relax, this is the place to do it. It is one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever been on. We stayed in a guest room facing the gulf and it was just perfect. Oh, and the crab races...yup, the guys a nut, but it certainly was entertaining! We would go back here in a heartbeat. We also met some very nice people here and had a blast with them!

Again, thank you to the entire staff at this resort, they were wonderful!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paula b
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I wrote a review on here a while back asking about the cottages and if anyone knew of any pictures of the inside of these rentals. I was amazed that I recieved a message back in just a day or two, Doug Babcock, the vice president contacted me in a message and said that I was welcome to contact him. I left him a message on his phone and got a prompt phone call back. Not only did he answer my questions, he toke the time to email me pictures of the inside and outside of the cottages and the view from the porch. (That he personally went and toke.) Iam so impressed with what he did, that I can hardly wait to visit tween cottages. I can see that management and staff care that the customers are happy. My husband, family and I are looking forward to visiting. Thank you so much!

1 Thank ShelleyAnd Bob S
GeneralManager22, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
ShelleyAnd Bob S,

I was my pleasure to assist in the planning of your visit to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort and Spa. My staff and I look forward to your visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me or our reservations department with any further questions.

Kind regards

Doug Babcock
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is a very charming place and located at the very far end of Captiva Island. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I booked our girls getaway. One of my concerns was that it wasn't located 'on the beach.' It is 'near' the beach as in across the street. Our room was somewhat tidy, a bit on the small side and missing a dishwasher.

I would recommend it for it's marina and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Just make sure you know where this is located if you don't want to be near shopping, activities...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

My parents recommended this resort to us and we were definitely not disappointed. Staff was excellent, friendly and very helpful with any questions (especially Christine at the front desk and Skip in Old Captiva House restaurant). The room was exactly what we expected, screened in porch to keep bugs out and a wonderful ocean view for the nightly sunsets. We especially like that the resort is made to feel like your on an island with plants and trees and guided pathways between areas. When we come to captivaa again we will definitely be staying at Tween Waters!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Bbburch
GeneralManager22, General Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Bbburch,

We thank your parents for recommending us to you and we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for pointing out the efforts of Christine and Skip. We are very lucky to have a staff of proud and dedicated employees that consistently exceed our guest’s expectations. We strongly feel that it is our employees that separate us from other properties in the area and is one of the driving forces in why we have such a high percentage of return guests. It’s nice to hear that you will be joining their ranks and we look forward to your return.
Temple City, California
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Nestled between the sound and the gulf, you cannot get a better location. The best attraction is the Gulf of Mexico within walking distance from any room on the property. Friendly staff, especially the restaurant and boutique store workers. This is a family oriented resort with plenty to do. However, the rooms are in need of new carpet and furniture.

Room Tip: If you can afford the casitas, do so. They appeared quaint and better taken care of.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
#5 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Waterside Inn on the Beach
Waterside Inn on the Beach
#6 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!