We came back to 'Tween Waters in early March for a 7 day package this time. We have been previously, with 3 and 5 day packages, and were anxious to be there longer. The setting, as usual, is very special with the bay on one side and the gulf on the other. Unfortunately our weather was cool but we were able to get a few afternoons where the sun got pretty warm by the pool. We were happy to see the new outdoor furniture everywhere, around the pool and on our balcony. The poolside lunches are our favorite (but they no longer offered my favorite tuna fish sandwich!) and the water in the pool is a perfect temperature. I noticed more chipped tiles at the pool this time, so would like to see that taken care of before our next visit.
There are two hot tubs which I never went in this year - - they need to be relocated to a more private area with more atmosphere (even a few flower pots would help) around them. One hot tub is directly next to the coffee bar/towel pickup area. And, maybe one tub could be designated for adults only??
There were a few issues with our room which could have been prevented I feel, if a quality check had been done at some point prior to check in. For example, lamp switches that didn't work, loose electric outlet covers, and a wall phone which was not attached firmly to the wall. On the second day, the heat did not work in our room, and after a miscommunication in the morning, by the evening there was someone on site who did fix the heating unit. The staff was very responsive once the issue had been sorted out, and gave us a generous credit at the restaurant. Overall, it is difficult to have anything but a good day at 'Tween Waters, but we would like to see more attention to detail as described above. The bathroom could also use a cosmetic upgrade, and an addition of grab bars (there are no grab bars anywhere to assist in getting in and out of a deep tub/shower.)
We do love 'Tween Waters but will probably take a break before visiting again, hoping some upgrades will occur.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island