Marvelous and Romantic Christmas get-away at Tween Waters Inn on Captiva Island !
We stayed in one of the historical cottages. The view from our front porch was the glorious beach on the Gulf. Even though the weather was less than sunny and had cloud cover the days we stayed...we still had a beautiful sunset. The temperatures were cooler for SW Florida at mid 70's and only required a light sweater or jacket in late evening or wee morning. It wasn't bikini weather, but we still had wonderful strolls along the beach and a late night storm brought in millions of shells ! So yes, we found some favorites and will hang them on next year's tree.
We experienced the traditional Crab Races at Crow's Nest on the 23rd. Silly, fun time. And you get to meet just about everyone staying at the Inn during it. Met marvelous couples and families from all over the globe. And food....wow ! oh my gosh have the ribs !!!! We got to try both the beef short ribs and the pork BBQ ribs...AMAZIING ! Christmas lunch was at the Old Captiva house...absolutely charming. Each morning there is a continental breakfast at the Old Captiva House. You can order just about anything from the menu, but we found the continental breakfast hearty and perfect with plenty of fruits. ( My fave ). Christmas eve we treated ourselves to massages at the the spa. Oh glory ! I'd want to do that every day. If we had stayed longer than 3 nights I would have tried the gym. As a gym bunny, their work out room looked tempting. What impressed us most was the staff. So friendly and they all seemed to enjoy their work and that makes the whole experience that much better. So while the rest of the continent was battling snow...we were being pampered Island style !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island