“I'm going back!”

'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked a 5 day trip to Captiva with a friend in March. Had an ocean view room with a balcony. The room was delightful and clean and had every amenity you needed! The grounds were amazing. I felt like I was on a tropical island. Breakfast is served in a room that had a Bermuda feel to it and there was abundance of choices to choose from. The staff were attentive and super friendly. Across the street from the beach, life doesn't get any better than that! I loved this place so much that I put a depost in for a room for the same time next year. I have NEVER done that and I am counting the days until I return. A most magical place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mad4madge

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Messed around and tried to reserve room two days before Holiday weekend. Not only did I get hooked up with a bay view room. I was able to secure a spot for my 24ft boat. We get to the room and right outside our room is our boat. Perfect. The staff everywhere were more than helpful at the boat launch to the reception desk to the bars out back A++++++.
See you next year.

Oh yea the fishing was spectacular...Could not ask for more..

Thank You TweenWaters!!!!!

1  Thank Clay M
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Picture sitting on your screened in balcony overlooking the marina and placid Pine Island Sound watching the sun rise over Buck Key, while manatees lazily swim by the shore, mullet jump in and out of the water, and dolphins swim in the distance. That is just part of the experience at this fantastic resort on Captiva. I spent Memorial Day weekend here with my family and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. After checking in at the registration cottage, we drove to our parking spot beneath the Gumbo Limbo building, sitting on the bay/sound and across from the active pool. While it was a tight squeeze getting the rental SUV into the covered space, I managed with care. Our room, a queen suite, was perfect for our family of 5. The suite contained a mini-kitchen with a two burner stove, microwave, full-size refrigerator and cabinets filled with pots, pans, plates and utensils. Nice, but we didn't use the cooking things much. The large bedroom had two queen beds and the living room included a relatively comfortable sofa bed. The screened in balcony with sliding doors to each of the rooms in the suite had a lovely few of the marina and sound. Very pleasant and beautiful sunrise views. From the balcony, you can view the activity of small boats coming and going, manatees lazily swimming by the shore, native birds of all types, dolphins swimming, and fish jumping. The beach is across the road and is private. Renting cabanas or chairs was a little bit of a disappointment, but in the heat of the season, glad they were available. The charming setting of Tween waters is somewhat rustic and the cottages date back several years. We had breakfast, each am, in the Old Captiva House. A continental breakfast was included in our stay, but for a few dollars more, you can order a hot breakfast, which some of us did. We had dinner one evening at the adjoining Crows Nest--the food was good, grouper, fish fry, etc...and the price reasonable. The Crow's Nest is also the site of the "Crab Races," an acquired taste, but ultimately entertaining. Tween waters offers boat rental, fishing rental, and kayak tours. We took advantage of a guided kayak tour through the sound and Buck Key led by Colin. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour for its beauty, educational aspect, and adventure through the narrow water trail cutting through Buck Key. Beware of the crabs on the tree branches! My son and I also rented fishing rods and had good success fishing right off of the docks of the marina, catching catfish (blechh), mangrove snapper, and snook. Not bad. We had a great vacation at Tween Waters and highly recommend it for nature lovers, boaters, anglers, and folks looking for a peaceful time.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the marina are best--views and away from the main road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My wife and I just returned from a long weekend stay at Tween Waters in celebration of her birthday and our anniversary. While I’ve visited Sanibel/Captiva many times over the years, this was her first trip so I had been looking for a special place to stay. Tween Waters came very close to that perfect place. We stayed in one of the Bayside Queen suites offering us a great view of the marina with the added value of being able to watch three manatees playing in the water about 30 feet from our room.

The room was very clean, furnishings seemed to have been recently upgraded and the kitchenette looked brand new. Due to limited time, we didn’t get to take full advantage of all of the resort’s activities. We did spend a good bit of time at the pool and found it very nice.
We did take advantage of the free continental breakfast on two days and found it OK.

I found Tween Waters a very good resort in an unbeatable location that seemed to try very hard and only missed on a few small details. For example, we found a small but disturbing housekeeping issue on check in. It was fixed immediately once we called to report it, but it should not have happened. A similar glitch occurred re: Wifi connection. The only other minor complaint (probably too strong a word) is that the staff, while polite, didn’t seem to go out of their way to be friendly and engaging, which I’ve come to expect in a resort setting. For example, it might have been nice if the desk clerk at check-out had asked “How was your stay with us”, “did we live up to your expectations” or “what might we have done to make your stay better” rather than simply handing me the bill and asking me to review and sign. Again, not necessary, but would have made a big impact I think. From other posted reviews it seems we may have just caught them on a couple of bad days.

Overall, a really good experience. I'd book a return trip without any hesitation.

1  Thank Micky L
Reviewed 21 May 2014

A long weekend at Tween Waters was my birthday present to my husband for his 60th birthday. We were able to bring our dog and stay in one of their studio cottages, which is a one-room bedroom/kitchen/sitting area with a separate bathroom. Our cottage was very attractive and tastefully appointed. We were right next to the pool, and although a bit concerned about the possible noise level when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised that noise was not at all a concern, since the pool bar closes at 6:00pm. This is a smart idea on Tween Waters' part!
Tween Waters is a beach hotel, situated across from a wide, beautiful beach. It is very casual and low key. Our dog was welcome in almost every area of the hotel, except, of course the restaurant and pool area. The Crow's Nest served casual, good bar food, and the Captiva Island House gave us a formal dinner with good service. We'll come back again!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We took 14 family members, all ages, to Tween Waters for 4 days. Accomodations ranged from 1 BR Suite to 3BR suites. Comfortable, clean, great master baths in bayside rooms. Pool side room was also good but not as recently updated. Staff extremely helpful. Jasmine at the front desk in the Crows Nest was so accommodating and helpful....thanks Jasmine. Lots to do on-site. We also rented a boat from their marina and went up to Cayo Costa....worth the trip if you have the time. All in all, a great place.

Room Tip: Bayside suites are the most recently renovated and are large and comfortable, plus they are off the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights for a romantic weekend getaway at Tween Waters Inn. We had a very nice room with a screened in balcony overlooking some mangroves and the bay. The rooms were nice and the bathroom looked to be recently redone with new tile and granite counter tops. The pool was very nice and we enjoyed the beach just a short stroll across Captiva Drive. Great shelling on the beach and you can rent chairs w/cushions and cabanas. We had an awesome dinner on property at the Old Captiva House which is also rated on many sites as one of the best restaurants on the island. If you have time on your stay, go over to Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel...it is amazing.

Overall Tween Waters Inn felt comfy like a home away from home and was just our style. We will be back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Captiva Island
#9 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
#5 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach

Been to 'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!