“Paradise found”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Naples, Florida
“Paradise found”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

From the moment we arrived until our departure everything was spot on!
The staff was extremely professional and courteous . Everyone seemed to be enjoying doing what they were doing from the front desk to the gentleman that carried our bags to an from the room. Lots of smiles and can I help you? Followed by My pleasure.
I love saying at properties that customer service shines through and Tween Waters did not disappoint .
We chose a studio overlooking the Gulf and it was wonderful and very well appointed.
Very great location and close to fabulous restaurants,but why leave the property when you have the Old Captiva house right on the property.
We pretty much just hung out in refreshing pool area swimming,reading and of course eating and drinking at the awesome poolside restaurant.
I can't say enough about this place we had such a good time.This was a little staycation for us as we live in Naples and we look forward to our return.
Thanks for the great service Tween Waters!

4 Thank Jimdebhip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Port Washington, NY
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My bride and I have stayed at this resort since our fifth anniversary, and each time, the staff and team at all of the components have served us without fail. Dan in the Crow's Nest was extremely gracious and helpful. When I asked for a particular drink with which he was not familiar, he worked through it and remembered it when I had dinner later in the Old Captiva House. Also, our housekeeper, whose name escapes me, was very gracious on each of our trips. We stayed in the rooms facing the Gulf of Mexico on the third floor (not having to hear people walking above us is great) and she always took the time and care to make sure our room was not only clean but that when we needed an extra towel or some other minor request, she treated it like it was her sole ambition in life at that particular point in time. Also, the reservations manager was quite kind and accommodated us despite one of the largest groups for a wedding we had seen here. She even put a bottle of champagne in the refrigerator so we could celebrate our anniversary!

Finally, if you are hungry for a quick but delicious lunch, the crab cakes and other "finer" dining foods at the pool grille were amazing. We will be staying at Tween Waters every year on our anniversary so long as my bride can walk and shell......thanks, folks.

Room Tip: Crab cakes at the pool. Drinks before sunset at Crow's Nest, and the Crab Races after!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skippy4218
Wyoming
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We sailed to Tween Waters on a 40' catamaran and docked there for 2 nights. Nice dock facilities and showers. I enjoyed taking advantage of the Spa showers above the pool rather than the marina showers--very nice. Clean towels always provided at pool. When you pay your $100 to dock at Tweens, you have the privilege of using the entire facility and the beach on the other side as well. Great beach--clean and well groomed.

The food at the Tweens Restaurant was truly first class! Best meal I've had in a long time. Compliments to the chef. Also the hamburger at the Tween's pool restaurant was delicious! Best we found anywhere in our sail.

Looks like a great place for families as well. I didn't see the rooms, but the cottages looked very cozy.

1 Thank wyowinds
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our 5th visit to Tween Waters and it just keeps getting better...Super location on the Gulf wonderful views and Sunsets from our balcony. The free breakfasts are also excellent and healthy ...what a way to start off your day. we went in May and the price for my $$$ was reasonable. The staff is also very helpful . My only negative comment is that the coffee is very weak...other than that our stay was perfect

2 Thank phil15kerr
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Tween is exactly as I remembered it when I first visited many years ago. The friendliest staff, good food, superb location, and just a perfect place to kick back, go barefoot and have fun. Our children, ages, 10 and 8, couldn't get enough of the beautiful pool or the marina. The Tween's pool is very large, sparkling, and has a fun poolside bar and café to order lunch. The waiters and bartenders were honestly some of the most efficient and friendly people we have ever met. Tony, the owner, is awesome. We have traveled extensively, and can say that we've never seen a more hands on owner. There's nothing at the hotel that he isn't involved in. Always a good sign! The marina is located behind the hotel. The staff is there to help with any of your fishing or boating needs. There is also a shop for fishing supplies, sunscreen, clothes, post cards and the like, that is very well stocked. Our daughter caught several fish including a grouper and snook right off the dock. If you're looking to go into "town" for the evening, it's best to have the hotel drive you, as parking is extremely limited. The price for this service is very reasonable. When you want to return just call the hotel and they will be there in flash. Included in the price of the room is a large cpntinental breakfast with a wide variety of fruits, cereal and pastries. They also serve a full breakfast for an additional fee. Don't miss the ribs at The Crow's Nest, one of the hotel's restaurants--truly succulent. It was difficult leaving this gem of a place. Thank you to all who work there and make it so special.

Room Tip: If you like a water view without anything in front of you, go with the bay view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DebOneWorld
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked a 5 day trip to Captiva with a friend in March. Had an ocean view room with a balcony. The room was delightful and clean and had every amenity you needed! The grounds were amazing. I felt like I was on a tropical island. Breakfast is served in a room that had a Bermuda feel to it and there was abundance of choices to choose from. The staff were attentive and super friendly. Across the street from the beach, life doesn't get any better than that! I loved this place so much that I put a depost in for a room for the same time next year. I have NEVER done that and I am counting the days until I return. A most magical place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mad4madge
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Messed around and tried to reserve room two days before Holiday weekend. Not only did I get hooked up with a bay view room. I was able to secure a spot for my 24ft boat. We get to the room and right outside our room is our boat. Perfect. The staff everywhere were more than helpful at the boat launch to the reception desk to the bars out back A++++++.
See you next year.

Oh yea the fishing was spectacular...Could not ask for more..

Thank You TweenWaters!!!!!

#5 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Sanibel Moorings
Sanibel Moorings
#1 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!