Lets start with the accolades. They are extremely friendly on the phone making the reservations to when you check in. They go above and beyond to accommodate you and make your stay memorable. They are a pet friendly hotel which we truly appreciate. The bell hops are patient and extremely helpful. George and Li (for short) are the best. They really work hard and always greet you with a smile or a wave. The cabanas by the water are very affordable. Oh yes, before I forget look into your coupon book they give you at check in there are many discounts you can take advantage of. Now back to the beach, the water is magnificent. I would say the beach can compete with many Caribbean beaches. We even witnessed tarpon jumping out of the water. Eventually the fisherman won but it was really cool to see. The continental breakfast is good but the egg sandwich on the menu is over the top!!! Every morning we were greeted by Joyce who is absolutely a pleasure. Miss her already. The restaurant is clean. We also had dinner in the property two different nights and it never disappointed. Try to make your reservation around sunset time you won't be disappointed. The bar has happy hour from 4-6 Dan our bartender was pleasant. Try the grouper bites, yum, ask for tartar sauce its a nice compliment to the bites. Pauline made a good vodka martini.
Now the difficult part of the review. We had a room on the bay with a kitchenette. It was spacious for two adults. The bathroom was the best feature of the room. It was new, well appointed and comfortable. The kitchenette had many comforts of home. Stocked enough to even make a small meal. My only complaint here was that the microwave was not cleaned properly. Moving forward the bed was comfortable, however, my only complaint is the sheets were dated and worn.
Skip the pool and the pool bar. The drinks are weak and the pool is full of kids. The property has a Marina which is difficult to maneuver. Bring your paddle board / Kayak a lot to explore with those in the area.
Back to accolades, we had a/c issues within 5 minutes they were addressing the issue. There was a small problem with a neighbor and they immediately jumped into action. As I said in my opening sentence, the service truly TRULY makes this property.
One last comment, if you are not familiar with the area. Keep in mind that Captiva Island is about 40 minutes from the toll bridge ($6.00)/ Mainland every time you cross it. So once you are on the property you might just want to stay there and trust me its worth it. There are a few area restaurants that you might want to check out only 5-10 miles away. Make sure you catch a sunset!!! There is a spa on the property but with so much to do we never got to treat ourselves to the spa. A good vacation spot worth checking out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island