We stayed over the 4th of July weekend, after being washed out the year before because of a storm!
Tween Waters held our reservation for one calendar year and we are so glad we didn't cancel!
The drive was stunning crossing the Causeway the up Periwinkle across some small inlets opening to some of the prettiest waters in the US. The color was a light green and stunningly beautiful almost mesmerizing us to miss out turn I to the resort.
We were treated by a very helpful staff that checked us in quickly and showed us to our beach cottage. Our cottage was transfer to Captiva and Tween Waters from Bradenton Airforce Base via Barge just after WW11, what a great place.
The cottage was quaint, quite, had all the right amenities, seconds from the Marina and Beach.
Our first eve we spent on the beach made us think we were swimming in a large margarita bowl, just this light green beautiful colored water! The water was perfect, we had miles of beach to walk and shell hunt, and what a collection we picked up also, finished up at the famous Crab Races, way to much fun!
Day two included hours on the private beach, shell hunting, swimming, enjoying our adult beverages, and trying to catch my first Snook! Totally exhausted we slipped over to the pool for a rinse off and cool down from the perfect day! Dinner was on the resort a little pricy but worth the it just because you get so whipped out from the beach! Then a long romantic walk to soak in the rest of all there was to fall in love with at Captiva!
Day three we spent exploring Captiva and all this emerald jewel has to offer... Made us think real hard about our retirement plans. Met a celebrity, Norm Ziegler, journalist and avid fly fishing specialist. Morn has a great shop on Sanibel, stop in and enjoy the conversations!
Back to Tween Waters Inn, what can I say we were completely satisfied, make it a must do, stay in the cottages with all the history, the restaurants were fantastic, with live entertainment and great food....
Will we go back ABSOLUTLY! One of our vacations to remember for a lifetime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island