“Superb location on a small idyllic island , quirky.”

Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Lancashire
“Superb location on a small idyllic island , quirky.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The location of this hotel is fantastic and makes it. The rooms were a little shabby but it all seemed to add to the relaxed atmosphere. The pool was busy, but the beach was quiet and we even managed to swim with visiting dolphins! Breakfast was included in the cost and was self service, however I do slightly object to paying a 20% tip when all our server did was bring 1 pot of coffee! But perhaps that's because we are British! When you are shown to your table the lady in charge of the dining room & complicated bill / slip , resident / non resident system, you a reminded that you need to tip your server! The staffing is definitely quirky!

Room Tip: Every room ( apart from bungalows) seems to have a sea view, ask for top floor to be sure.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager22, Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear LancashireFamily,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. All of our rooms have recently been refurbished including new flat screen TV’s with high definition service, new tile, tubs, granite counter tops and LED lighting in the bathrooms, and new mattress and bed linens. Starting this month (August 2014) we will be replacing all of the carpeting in our water view guest rooms and studios and renovating the kitchen, baths, and carpeting in out Coconut Bay view 1 bedroom suites. We have many different room types and styles to accommodate different budgets and vacationing needs. As always our staff is more than happy to offer our guests a tour of our property and our different rooming options highlighting our recent renovations during your stay with us.

I do apologize if you we charged an automatic gratuity at our breakfast service. As a policy we do not charge automatic gratuity at any of our property restaurants. Thank you for bring the matter to my attention. I will reconfirm our policy with all our restaurant managers and staff. Please contact me directly and provide you name and dates of stay and I will personally look into your breakfast charges and refund any automatic gratuity. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope you will return and enjoy the updates we continue to make.

Kind Regards

Doug Babcock
Chief Operating Officer
Rochester Resorts Inc.
Dbabcock@tween-waters.com
(239)472-5161 x453

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Hi, my name is Mike and my now wife and I just got married here and it was the greatest experience of my life. We came down from Connecticut with 36 friends and family and there wasn't one bad thing anyone had to say. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I have to give a special thanks to Christine and Kelsey, the wedding coordinators, who did the most amazing job making our day the greatest day in our lives. Between all of us that went down we rented at least 10 different rooms and they were all great. The food was amazing and so were the prices. The cost to stay there was very reasonable seeing that we were able to get that many people to stay at the same place on limited budgets. Oh and I can't forget to talk about the sunsets. I am writing this review on my honeymoon in Hawaii and I have to say that Tween Water's sunsets can give Hawaii's a run for there money. The last thing I want to say is that I am writing this review because I found this gem of a place on trip advisor by reading peoples reviews and I hope that if by me writing this can help one family or couple have even half the experience that I did by choosing Tween Waters then I will be happy. Thanks again to Tween Waters, all the staff, and especially Christine and Kelsey for making our wedding week the best experience of our lives.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike Z
Poland, Ohio
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed for 5 days on Captiva, hotel was great, the location, the view, the service was excellent. the on-site restaurant, The Captiva House, was exquisite and and delicious. The breakfast buffet, served each morning and included in the price, was especially good with fresh fruit and pastries. The service all around the resort was friendly and very helpful. House-keeping staff very efficient and thorough. Short walk to the private beach and the on-site marina provides various boating or kayaking activities. Have stayed on Sanibel previously, prefer Captiva, a little more secluded and short drives to Sanibel. Definitely will go back. Rooms have screened in balconies facing the marina or ocean.

Room Tip: They also have cottages as well as rooms and suites. Request the Roosevelt or lindbergh cottage if w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark M
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Came to Tween Waters for our 30th yr Anniverary. What a great week it was. From check in to check out. All was great. Restaurant staff, cleaning crew, Pool staff. All treated us like royalty. BIG thanks !!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Tween Waters Inn on Captiva Island is the best place to stay if you want spectacular sunsets and a beautiful beach to relax. The resort has everything you need with great food, great views, fun hermit crab races, and much more. We throughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank BobandKimT
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is nothing more than a glorified hotel......not a resort.
The room is nice enough...but not any nicer than a Hampton inn for half the price.
WiFi is non functioning in the rooms...when I asked about it at the front desk there answer was..."well it's free so don't expect it to work well". I have to say that answer was humorous.
The free breakfast consisted of fruit, cereal, coffee, miniature bagels. It's free why would I expect more. I have gotten better free breakfasts at motels off the interstate.
The beach access is across the road the when you get there they hit you up for $20.00 for an umbrella and two rickety wooden/canvas chairs that I had to wrestle with to get the to recline.
Everything offered was overpriced within the complex. The room had a kitchen, fridge, mini stove etc...but (laughing). You can't bring any food into the pool area.
The Tv has no movie channels available. Even Motel 6 has HBO.
All in all it wast a large disappointment for $230 plus tax a night, so much so that my wife and I cut our stay short by one day, and ate the cancellation fee.
This was a mistake.... Never to return.
Save your money and stay at a Hampton inn for half the price

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Art V
GeneralManager22, Manager at Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Art V,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations and that we did not fulfill our mission which is; To deliver a warm, friendly, and memorable island resort experience that provides value for all of our guests resulting in a desire to return. Visitors come to Sanibel and Captiva Islands for many reasons including its remote location, natural beauty, uncrowded beaches and undeveloped surroundings. I will readily admit that our islands, and our resort for that matter, are not for everyone. However, to the people like Arthur Frommer who in January 2012 named Sanibel Island as his second favorite travel destination behind Bali Indonesia, and to the more than 475 reviewers on Trip Advisor that gave us 91.7 and 91.8 Customer Satisfaction Scores in 2012 and 2013 we fit the bill. I completely agree and see why you were disappointed in your experience if you were expecting a roadside Hampton Inn or Motel 6 experience. We certainly are not that. We do offer a wide variety of accommodation options from economical pool view rooms to stand along 3 bedroom villa like cottages with water views that fit a wide range of budget and vacationing needs. We strongly believe that the value we offer, which includes complimentary continental breakfast buffet each morning, compares very favorably to all other island properties.

In addition, I did walk all over property and checked the Wi-Fi in many of our rooms and found it in perfect working order. While it is true that our Wi-Fi is free, we do expect it to work properly. We have spent over $10,000 in the past year upgrading our antenna and band width to accommodate the needs of our guests. However, because we are spread-out over 15 acres in a campus like environment and not an enclosed high-rise we do have more challenges getting access to all points of our property. If you will kindly provide me with your name and dates of stay I will personally check the Wi-Fi access in your room to make sure it is functioning properly. Thank you again for staying with us and I again apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your visit in greater detail so my team and I can learn where you felt we may have missed the mark with your experience.

Kind Regards,

Doug Babcock
Chief Operating Officer
Rochester Resorts Inc.
Dbabcock@tween-waters.com
(239)472-5161 x453
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have been coming to this resort for over 25 years for a "stay vacation", both as a couple and with our family. It is like being thousands of miles away from Florida at a Caribbean island. The staff is always friendly and the property clean. We like to stay in the cottages (most are efficiencies but the two bedroom is fantastic for a family), which are very popular because of their small kitchen (some have ovens) and our ability to bring our dog.

The beach is just across the street and the property rents chairs and canopies, making it convenient for travelers. The continental breakfast is usually enough to get your day started, but they also offer discounted breakfasts for guests which are tasty.

Room Tip: Love the cottages...book well in advance
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Sanibel Moorings
Sanibel Moorings
#1 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!