We stayed at Tweens in July 2010. It was myself, my husband, our teenage daughter, 11 year old son and 2 year old daughter. We were there to celebrate our oldest daughter turning 18 and her send off to the Marines. The rooms were beautiful and kept very clean. The beach was beautiful. We ate at the Crow's Nest our first night. Dinner was great but service was mediocre. Breakfast every morning in the Old Captiva House was WONDERFUL!!! Beach grille was amazing as well. Huge servings. We rented a boat on our daughter's 18th birthday to go to Cabbage Key for lunch (a must). The marina and staff were sooooo nice, helpful and accommodating. Sunsets on Captiva are indescribable.
Now, negatives. The water in the pool was too warm for July. It was far from refreshing after a day on the beach. My daughter went to rent a canoe and was told she could not pay cash but had to charge it to our room. My husband had to go down there and the male attendant was very rude to him. He told my husband "he had never had anyone want to pay cash to rent before." I do not believe that as long as this place had been open. He finally let him pay cash but was short and sarcastic with my teen daughter. They do NOT allow coolers by their pool. They police it like it is illegal contraband. I know they do this so they can sell more alcohol by the pool, but not everyone can spent 100.00 a day on beer. So, if you want to drink beer and lay out by the pool and you do not want to or cannot spend 5 bucks or more a piece for beers during the day.....you are out of luck. We have stayed at a lot of resorts in a lot of places in the world. Most high end resorts give complimentary chaise lounge usage for guests, tweens do not.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. I do agree with one of the other critiques, the staff is far from friendly (other than the marina staff).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the legendary 'Tween Waters Inn on beautiful Captiva Island. Shouldn't every day be this good? Here, across 13 gorgeous Gulf-tween-bay acres, you can enjoy 137 quality accommodations including historic one, two and three bedroom seaside cottages, suites, studios and guest rooms. Miles of sugar-sand beaches. Olympic-size pool, hot tubs and children's wading pool. Day spa. Marina for launch, dock or rental. Fitness center, tennis, kayak and eco-adventures. Award-winning dining and nightly entertainment. Plus ballroom, boardroom and banquet facilities, indoors and out, for business, weddings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tween Waters Hotel Captiva Island
- Tween Water Inn
- Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa Captiva Island, Florida
- Tween Waters Captiva Island